MindIfISmoke's Winter Build part 2

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Well I finished my turbo install December 15th 2011 and I have decided I need more....

Previous setup is as fallows:
100% completely stock long block
On 3 turbo kit
67 mm snail
Frpp 39# injectors
KB BAP

This setup yeilded 494 rwhp 493 ftlbs

New componants are as fallows:
Saleen 302 Stroker
Cp pistons
Manley rods
Kellogg crank
Stock cams
Livernois phaser limiters
Tfs-15410-24 valve springs
Ram powergrip hd clutch

GT 500 fuel system
KB Dual Boost-A-Pump
SD 80lb injectors
Aromotive Fuel rails

The compression is 10.5 to 1. Before you start going nuts saying how high that is for boost. This is my dare to be great and try something new phase. I will be starting this project this weekend. Most likely friday night. Im going to have a lot and i mean a lot of questions along the way.

As of now I plan on using my stock cams... any info or advice that you guys can offer is greatly apreaciated. Also please excuse my spelling and grammer i am not an english major. As far as power goals.... i have no idea yet.... we will see what she does.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Thank you all very much! I will document this one very well. I will also be doing a write up for the on3 kit when I reinstall it.

Sent from my phone. I'm driving

MU347STANG

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the compression. You just have to be careful with the tune. High compression with boost will make big power.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
I ordered my valve springs and head change kit. I plan on building my heads over the next couple of weeks until my new motor gets here then I will swap the heads out. I still am unsure about which cams so for now I will use the stock cams.

Sent from my phone. I'm driving

MU347STANG

forum member
Reaction score
Stay with stock cams. It's not worth the money for aftermarket. You can make 750 rwhp with stock and still have the driveability of a stock car. Hellion made 760 rwhp on a 76mm with a stroker,stock heads, and cams. I'd just upgrade the valve springs and maybe valves.

MU347STANG

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to go with mmr valves but haven't really looked into it too much. The stock valves are fine but if you want to upgrade a nice +1 oversized stainless valve. I'd stay away from bronze guides and just stock with the factory guides on a 3 valve.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I was going to go with mmr valves but haven't really looked into it too much. The stock valves are fine but if you want to upgrade a nice +1 oversized stainless valve. I'd stay away from bronze guides and just stock with the factory guides on a 3 valve.

Turbo illiterate here but... wouldn't a bigger exhaust valve cause slower spooling?

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Are you going to upgrade the intercooler?
I may... Im going to push the envelope on this one buddy! If anything ill do that same 3" cold side setup you have
ill probably just stay stock in the valve department.
Turbo illiterate here but... wouldn't a bigger exhaust valve cause slower spooling?
That's what I would think... but its all Greek to me.

GerRod

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribed. Like that you're going with high compression. I want to do it as well, but always back off due to discouraging posts about it. Maybe turbo's are different from twin screws, IDK. Let's see how it goes!

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
^ Yea they don't create nearly as much heat as twin screws that's for sure!

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Subscribed. Like that you're going with high compression. I want to do it as well, but always back off due to discouraging posts about it. Maybe turbo's are different from twin screws, IDK. Let's see how it goes!
I foresee myself making BIG numbers with this setup... on pump

^ Yea they don't create nearly as much heat as twin screws that's for sure!
My IAT'S have yet to get over 80°

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
^ Lol damn lucky bastard. Last summer I did a little logging and recorded a high of 177! That was 1-4 gears all the way thru 4th and it was 104 outside. Oh well

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back