Mustang RTR: Drift vs Grip Video

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Got this in an email and thought it was awesome and had to share! Thought it was great to see both types of motorsports on the track at the same time. Did a quick search and didn't see it posted up yet so... enjoy!

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Good fun, some great video and awesome audio. I bloody love that American Iron RTR Mustang!

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
That was amazing. I would guess that the power to weight ratio of these two cars is pretty different. Vaughn's car is pretty light and high HP...

DCA08GT

Reaction score
That was amazing. I would guess that the power to weight ratio of these two cars is pretty different. Vaughn's car is pretty light and high HP...

They are pretty close. Vaughns car is 400lbs lighter with an extra 39hp and 9 less tq. But who knows what the gearing difference is between the two cars.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
It would of been interesting to see a race like this one, but then a race where the American Iron Mustang is out front initially. To me, that would of been a better indicator of how fast the Drift style of racing is compared to regular racing.

There's no doubt in my mind that drift cars get going very fast on a fast track, but most of the drift races I've seen weren't on an American Iron type of track.

Very cool video though!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool vid, however like others have said, 400# weight advantage and 39 more whp...... The drift RTR had a huge advantage. Add 400#s to Vaughn's car and the AI car smokes it all day long beating it like a $2 whore on a Saturday night.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back