Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
people abused it..... Admin got tired of the crap

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Dynos measure power. I've stated it a few times. Without gear ratio information the only torque measurements it can spit out is tire torque which is after a gearbox's effects on torque. This is why a tach signal is important for correct torque measurements. Its needed to dropout gearbox ratios from the torque calculation.

Let me ask you a related question which I'm feeling has a lot to do with why you aren't understanding this.
Without using google, what do these three equations equal?

(moment of inertia) x (angular acceleration) = ?

(torque) x (angular velocity) = ?

(torque) x (angular distance) = ?

Also, you don't need a 1:1 gear ratio to get accurate numbers. Thats another myth thats derived from dynoing automatic transmissions but thats for another day. I simply used them to make it clearer to understand rear gear ratio's effect's on tire torque and to avoid the 1:1 myth from coming up.

Couple of questions, attempting to remain technical and engage in relevant discussion...

With a brake dynamometer, the torque that the wheel applies to the drum is found more directly by applying a regulated counter-torque, using transducers to measure the braking force, which must be calibrated and which can be a significant source of error if not done properly with a good understanding of metric processes.

If I am reading this right, a brake dyno (like the Dynocom used in the dyno graph being discussed) actually measures torque (force) and if calibrated improperly would yield inaccurate readings (i.e. a bolt-on 5.0 making 425 rwtq).

And on an inertia dyno, gears etc don't matter because it is measuring work over time, i.e. 1st gear 0-30 mph in 3 sec ~ 5th gear 60-120 in 6 sec for example?

Witt

forum member
Reaction score
Couple of questions, attempting to remain technical and engage in relevant discussion...

If I am reading this right, a brake dyno (like the Dynocom used in the dyno graph being discussed) actually measures torque (force) and if calibrated improperly would yield inaccurate readings (i.e. a bolt-on 5.0 making 425 rwtq).

And on an inertia dyno, gears etc don't matter because it is measuring work over time, i.e. 1st gear 0-30 mph in 3 sec ~ 5th gear 60-120 in 6 sec for example?
As far as I know with Mustang and Dynocoms, its still recording a unit of power by measuring the force it takes to hold the roller in a steady state vs. roller speed, great for tuning Speed Density cars. When he mentions measuring force you have to assume the roller speed in also a factor in the equation.

Dynos can spit out a raw force/tq number but its meaningless because its after all gearbox multiplication as mentioned in the last paragraph of the Torque Multiplication part.

Inertia Dynojets stay fairly accurate over time because they are calibrated via roller weight.

I'm not sure if I answered the question or not, German beer hangover is leaving me scatter brained today.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Ya, wtf happened to that? When I first registered I could have sworn it was active but haven't posted here again until recently and notice its not.

I still have a little icon underneath my username, it says I have 1 rep point, and when I click it, it says no rep points for this post. If it's not here, why is that there? lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol what gear was that in 5th? +1 on a long pull haha

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The mustang in the video due to lightning looks like an european hatchback. For those who have seen, like mixing a mustang and a Renault Megane rear.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's a long story and I'm not saying anything else. I do not know the full details, but I do know in fact that he is still driving the car and he is running a stock tune.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well fuck OP for throwing a big hitter down under the bus when he never even blew the motor!

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
This guy is a new member on another forum I am on and never posted this over there. He also owns a New Edge GT....not a 2011, so why would he even post this. He has recently disappeared from our site also.

Last edited:

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's hot.

Googling more catfight pics now.

LMAO~! Figures.

"This is still a good'ol Mod motor and suffers from the same heat issues in the rear of the driver side head as all the others. As evidence the Factory stock tune removes 2 degrees of timing from the #8."

/\ This is bullshit. It is NOT, and has nothing to do with, a mod motor.

Lastly, to simplify, "Horsepower is what torque does".

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Well fuck OP for throwing a big hitter down under the bus when he never even blew the motor!

omg.. the OP starts a thread full of fuck and it was a lie? I think we need to ban and pick him at the same time :deadhorse:

Lastly, to simplify, "Horsepower is what torque does".

star+wars+dildo.jpg

ZLLJ

Reaction score
This guy is a new member on another forum I am on and never posted this over there. He also owns a New Edge GT....not a 2011, so why would he even post this. He has recently disappeared from our site also.

He is an active member on svtperformance, and it does look like he owns a 2011 also. The new edge is his build car, the 5.0 is his driver.

I don't think he was trying to mislead anyone, probably wasn't expecting all of the attention.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
He is an active member on svtperformance, and it does look like he owns a 2011 also. The new edge is his build car, the 5.0 is his driver.

I don't think he was trying to mislead anyone, probably wasn't expecting all of the attention.

Well he needs to get his ass back in this thread and tell everyone what really happened. He also needs to publicly tell Jon Lund he is sorry for starting this shitstorm. You don't go public with this kind of thing unless it is 100% true. We all knew there had to be more to this story than what this guy was telling.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Someone lied on the internet? get the fuck outta here!
This is a most unprecedented event.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
He also needs to publicly tell Jon Lund he is sorry for starting this shitstorm.

+ 1000! I have had many tuners that were shit and deserves the bad rep, but this is BS to call someone out without proof.. Mods should PM him and if he doesn't update this thread in 5 days he should be banned.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back