Adjustable Panard bar
Stiffer control arms
Maybe a x brace but not that bothered

11s

IMG-20210827-WA0021.jpeg

IMG_20210819_180104.jpg

elevensies

Reaction score
Not as yet, needs 4.10s as my local track is 1/8 th mile and 2.73 ain't so great

Will be next year now...

elevensies

Reaction score
Fair point..... Iv ran 4.10s and 4.53s before and used manual shift in other cars

As well as numerous other things to make it hook

But I take your point, I overlooked the 3.73 gearing and did some reading... For general driving 3.73 are easier on the road

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I don’t know how they would be compared to a v8 equipped car but even that is high. Most go 3.31s at the highest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I read the first 5 pages and they all said a gear change is worthless and doesn’t lower ets.

But you said earlier it would be useless, not at all the case

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
It wen

But you said earlier it would be useless, not at all the case

I’m not sure what you meant to say.

How so? In that thread the op said the tune caused him an increase not the gears. And a couple of others also said their ets weren’t affected. IMO that’s money wasted. With first gear already numeracally high, first gear would run out too fast. Then in second, it would act like a 4r with 4.10s. Maybe the torque multiplication would be good for 4th-6th but you dont drag race in those gears.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't drag race in 4th? How about the 10R80 cars, crossing the line in 7th?

You've taken a general statement that these year cars don't gain anything from gears and completely neglected the fact this particular car has a motor that makes 280 lb-ft of torque and has a set of gears that are for reaching CAFE standards (2.73). A V6 2011+ car gains a lot from a gear swap.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
You don't drag race in 4th? How about the 10R80 cars, crossing the line in 7th?

You've taken a general statement that these year cars don't gain anything from gears and completely neglected the fact this particular car has a motor that makes 280 lb-ft of torque and has a set of gears that are for reaching CAFE standards (2.73). A V6 2011+ car gains a lot from a gear swap.

You might finish in 4th sure but with steeper gears you’ll have to shift again and in the case of a 6r, which doesn’t have a 1:1, you’d be going into overdrive. And 7th is 1:1. And we’re not talking about the 10r80 anyway.

And what you’re neglecting to take into account are the transmission ratios. Look at the foxes with a t5 and 2.73s. It was a slouch so 4.10s made a huge difference. But we’re not talking about those cars. We’re talking about a dohc v6 with variable valve timing to optimize power across the board and can rev out further than the older pushrod. First gear is numerically higher to get it off the line quicker and the numerically lower rear gears with close 3-4 allow you to stay in the power band for longer and can top out higher. If first gear was numerically lower than it is I would agree with you.

I’d like to see where the 11+ v6’s gain a lot of a gear swap. I’ve never seen that personally.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For fucks sake,
You might finish in 4th sure but with steeper gears you’ll have to shift again and in the case of a 6r, which doesn’t have a 1:1, you’d be going into overdrive. And 7th is 1:1. And we’re not talking about the 10r80 anyway.
With a 1.14:1 4th gear, a 6800rpm redline, and a 28" tire, the car would have to exceed a 121mph trap speed to need to shift into 5th gear. Bump the shift point to 7000rpms and that V6 will be at 125mph! If he's trapping 125+ with a v6, he is doing pretty well.

And what you’re neglecting to take into account are the transmission ratios.
Nope, I accounted for that shit
Look at the foxes with a t5 and 2.73s. It was a slouch so 4.10s made a huge difference. But we’re not talking about those cars. We’re talking about a dohc v6 with variable valve timing to optimize power across the board and can rev out further than the older pushrod.
Bottom line is that it is still 280 lb-ft in a 3600lb car. But go ahead, ramble away...
First gear is numerically higher to get it off the line quicker and the numerically lower rear gears with close 3-4 allow you to stay in the power band for longer and can top out higher.
The idea of any drag race is to stay in the powerband the entire time so how does a 6R80 magically change that?
If first gear was numerically lower than it is I would agree with you.
Irrelevant, the car doesn't care what the numbers of first gear are, it cares how much force is being applied to make it accelerate, the more the better.

I’d like to see where the 11+ v6’s gain a lot of a gear swap. I’ve never seen that personally.
Google is your friend.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
For fucks sake,

For fucks sake is right, do you have any experience to back up your claims of huge improvements?

I’ll admit you have some points. But I did google it and couldn’t find anything. So without empirical data I’m standing behind what I said about gears not making a difference. Threads where people say “dude is pulls so much harder” doesn’t prove anything. Time slips.

I’m a man, I can admit when I’m wrong. Show me real evidence. I get what the math says so stop bringing that up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back