My weekend project is now on its seventh month....

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Ever start a weekend project that ends up with half the car torn apart and it's been several months? I was doing some mods to my meth injection kit and the next thing I know, I'm cutting brake lines, installing an intercooler, doing wiring upgrades, '07+ modded coolant upgrade, etc., etc. Damn thing hasn't been driven since May. Oh well... I keep explaining to my wife that I bought the car not only for driving it but for the joy of modding it. I'm just venting because I miss driving it now. :p

On the flip side, when it does get back to driving shape, it'll be ready for True Street. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
And to think I was bummed for the 5 days my car was down getting the blower installed.

Hope you're rolling soon.

Mortis101

forum member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. It's the old. "Well, while I have it apart I should do X, Y, Z ect" and a weekend project has turned into months. Not having the right tools, broken parts, slow shipping you name it.

Hope you get your ride back together soon.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. It's the old. "Well, while I have it apart I should do X, Y, Z ect" and a weekend project has turned into months. Not having the right tools, broken parts, slow shipping you name it.

Hope you get your ride back together soon.

YEP! And here I am 2.5 later with a running car.:roflmao:

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Thanks for the support. I'm pretty close to getting it back together if I stick with the mods I've worked on to-date. If I start something else, it'll be a while longer. Unfortunately, I only get time on the weekends to work on it.

Reaction score
Been there done that. It was a 94 cobra with an apparent oil leak coming from the dipstick. Upon inspection I found a crack in the oil pan. Try changing out an oilpan with the engine still in the car on jackstands. that's fun.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dread53 can sympathize with you after the many times he's ripped apart his car and then had to travel again....

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine for you. My car has sat for a month now for the new motor. And it still won't be done for a other 2 weeks at least. The wait is killing me considering I drove that car every day for te past 4 years.....

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Mines been down for over a month now, unfortunately it's not by choice either. Best of luck getting it back together!

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
Lol, mines been down since may also. Bad part is, as soon as I put it back together, I can get a new 5.0.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel..I dropped my car off to change cams in it. 2 years later and I have changed everything. 302 stroker for 326 stroker, Kenne Bell for Turbo, full cage, custom rear suspension, and now add another month or two for paint job.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I was just in your shoes..Wanted to upgrade a few things so I figured it would be a quick project. Well I took it apart and sold everything, but then had to go away on a business trip. Came home and started installing parts. Well the new parts were a little more advanced than the other parts I took off so it took alot longer to install. Then mix in Thanksgiving, work, Christmas, family gatherings, etc and my "quick project" took approx a 1.5 months

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
All that's left is welding up the stainless steel intercooler piping. I should have that knocked out this week.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Just remember that, we in the nice Northern climates, lose our cars for 6 months every year whether or not we have something to upgrade or not.

(assuming you park your car in the winter of course)

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Just remember that, we in the nice Northern climates, lose our cars for 6 months every year whether or not we have something to upgrade or not.

I have lived in TX all my life and that idea still puzzles me lol. Couldnt imagine people talking about putting there cars away for the winter.

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
I know what you mean... up there, buying a Mustang is a luxury since it's not a year-round car. Down here in Texas, it could be your daily driver. Of course, that's an F-350 for me so the Mustang's still a toy.

Anyway, I want to give thanks to Lightblade for pointing me in the right direction. After having a bitch of a time trying to weld-up intercooler tubing, I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of aluminum elbows, etc., and some silicone couplers. The parts should be here by next weekend.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score

This does suck. Even though we have no snow...YET there is still salt all over. Its like a horrible tease. LOL

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Finally got the bitch started! Woohoo.... now on to the tuning. Was thinking about taking Amazon remote tuning for a whirl.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice!! Looking forward to your results..Any track duty soon with the new upgrades?

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I was in the stages of starting mine already your a lucky man lol. My car had to get off the street back in the beginning of October unwillingly. It's been in the garage ever since but it's coming out strong I just hate looking at it and having all these new parts coming in and no chance to see what they can do. That first ride back in it is going to be great let us know how it feels so others in the same boat have some thing to look foward to haha.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back