Mystery Light

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Joe2006, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Joe2006

Joe2006 Junior Member

Hi folks. I live in northern MN, and it has been a very cold couple of weeks. Nighttime temps of -20 F. Unfortunately, my 2006 Mustang GT sits outside. Today we had a heat wave (36 F!!), so I went outside to start the car. I noticed the outside bulb in the taillight on the drivers side was on, and the lens was warm, so it had been on for a while. Car started fine, I pushed the brake pedal, turned on the blinkers and taillights, and everything else in the taillights worked as it should, but this one bulb just stayed on no matter what. I disconnected the battery, then hooked it back up, and the light was off. I pushed the lock button on the key fob, and the light came back on and stayed on until I disconnected the battery again. Any thoughts or ideas as to what may be going on? Thanks.

2. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

You might have or had water get into the SJB which causes all kinds of electrical issues.
    Check in/around the SJB for signs of water intrusion.

3. JeremyH

JeremyH 3V Fuel Guru S197 Team Member

You have a short in the bulb or wiring.

4. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Could be either of the suggestions above. Easiest is the bulb and socket.

5. Joe2006

Joe2006 Junior Member

Thank You!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.