N20 & the 3V

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
With some new plated dry setups coming about, which is better or at least has more potential for the S197? The Zex which is a wet setup(I'm pretty sure) has been around for a bit and I haven't heard any complaints but some folks, at least Edelbrock, seem to think that a dry setup is better. But the biggest shots that they and NOS(that I've seen) offer are 80 shots. The Zex wet kit which is said to be a carry over from the 2V setups offer up to 150 maybe 175 shots. Whats the science? I really haven't seen to many 3V N20 threads so I was wondering what some of the N20 experienced people thought.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
And after a short search I found the NX plate kit(50-150shot) so any thoughts on it are welcome as well.

Last edited:

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've read that the wet systems are best. Don't know why.

Also, If I would get one I'd probably go with one of the plate systems. Just cleaner.

I am absolutely no expert, though.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Now a wet kit is when the Nitrous and fuel are both introduced together it the intake whereas a dry setup only sprays nitrous, right? Is the NX plate kit a wet setup? If so what if any advatage does it hold over the Zex kit?

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Correct.

The plate system is also wet. I personally like NX over Zex.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Any direct port nitrous setups out there? What about the tuning required for nitrous. How is a nitrous tune on the street while your cruising through town. I understand you have to retard timing a bit for N20. The first thing that comes to mind is loss of low end torque.

Last edited:
M

MattD

You definitely lose a little power, but you it's not anything you notice unless you are under WOT conditions.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back