Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even though it does look cool and a very quality piece, I just can justify the cost. If it was like $50 I would be all over it. But I know that the my car runs just fine with light oil consumption if any at all. And this seems like a great product in theory, but in reality the car works as-is. And I can think of 100 other things that I would want other than that. No offense to JLT. In fact, Im about to order the plastic intake for my GT in a few hours from LMR. Now that product is proven, and worth the money.

You do understand it's not just a catch can, right? It has the Ford OEM lines and fittings on it which he has to buy from Ford, it's not like he gets them for free.

ZXMustang

5.0 4V Owner
Reaction score
You do understand it's not just a catch can, right? It has the Ford OEM lines and fittings on it which he has to buy from Ford, it's not like he gets them for free.

Yes I do understand that. But even if it was diamond encrusted, I still think the price is too much for what it does.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok...obviously your choice but I would think the testimonies of those that have purchased them, used them and reported the results would justify the purchase.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Ok...obviously your choice but I would think the testimonies of those that have purchased them, used them and reported the results would justify the purchase.

Not to gang up or anything but that's the reason why I bought one. Not to mention I saw how dirty the TB and intake manifold got in just 7k miles. There was quite a bit of oil residue all up inside that thing. Wish I would of got one sooner. The fact that it helps remove those contaminates that typically lower octane rating is what also led me to purchase. Gas prices go up but the quality sure doesn't.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see it, but it's been asked and answered a few times in this thread.
straight Fittings are $10.
You need to call to order

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
I got mine a week ago, put it on, and I definitely have to say it's a well crafted product, inside and out. Well machined, well fitting, and just looks great next to the beast of a motor!

Thanks, guys!

AOD86GT

Reaction score
Quality Workmanship!

Kind of like paying extra for a California Special. I'd think you'd be all over this then.
LOL-I bought one for peace of mind. Very well crafted. Will be buying driver's side soon.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Your right and those that copy products are scumbags and those that sell it are as well.
People are too stupid to come up with their own product, they resort to stealing.
I sleep well at night knowing I designed my own products.

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score
About to order one for my 5.0. This will be my second JLT product purchase, fitment and quality are top notch.

RedCandy5.O

Reaction score
I had the JLT unit on my car for 6 months or so. Plastic Fitting broke inside the hose and was hanging there. When I took it off the car to fix it, there was plastic threads inside the top of the separator and RTV in the threads of the unit where the broken plastic fitting was. I had to cut the piece out, it wouldn't unscrew. The unit itself is a great piece and works, but the plastic needs to go. I changed to the Moroso unit.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I had the JLT unit on my car for 6 months or so. Plastic Fitting broke inside the hose and was hanging there. When I took it off the car to fix it, there was plastic threads inside the top of the separator and RTV in the threads of the unit where the broken plastic fitting was. I had to cut the piece out, it wouldn't unscrew. The unit itself is a great piece and works, but the plastic needs to go. I changed to the Moroso unit.

Mine broke also. But emailed them and they sent me a new one for free.

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
We have posted on every forum known to man about the fittings and that we are replacing all and any that break.
Just email us a pic and your address and it's done.
We stand behind out product 100% !!

Thanks
Jay

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Curious as to how / why it would break? Their isn't any real stress put on them.
When we researched fittings we made sure to check temp and oil resistant ratings and they passed, but for some reason some of the straight fittings are failing.
We have to have custom aluminum fittings machined to replace them. Expensive find and fix on our part :( but were taking care of it :)

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
When we researched fittings we made sure to check temp and oil resistant ratings and they passed, but for some reason some of the straight fittings are failing.
We have to have custom aluminum fittings machined to replace them. Expensive find and fix on our part :( but were taking care of it :)
Maybe they are becoming brittle from the cold weather(winter).

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score

Jay, If I purchase a separator now, will it come with the original fittings that are breaking or does it have an "upgraded" fitting?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They have the upgraded fitting now. Jay also took care of my fitting that broke. Excellent customer service after the sale.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back