Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Coming from the GM world, catch cans are used by lots of us. The one on my G8 would collect 4ozs or so every 3000ish miles.

That stuff goes into your intake, which leads to your plugs and valves. It also reduces your octane.

Not good.

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
Tucker,, Put me down for one....Oil mist in your fuel system "" Not a good thing ""!!

SF18C

Reaction score
Is the C-Can mounted to anything or just supported by the hoses and hanging free? I have one of these (not JLT) on the Hemi and I will say I am suprised by the amount of oil every in the can at every oil change.

I like the factory hoses!

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Tucker,, Put me down for one....Oil mist in your fuel system "" Not a good thing ""!!
That's Jimmy:thumb:
Is the C-Can mounted to anything or just supported by the hoses and hanging free? I have one of these (not JLT) on the Hemi and I will say I am suprised by the amount of oil every in the can at every oil change.

I like the factory hoses!
The tank normally is light enough to have the hose support it on other set ups. On this we have a custom made rubber cup that we use on the GT500 driver side kits on the bottom and it sits on the upper radiator hose. It's very light, with no real pressure on it, but we are watching this area to see how it looks after some hard miles. So far not the tinyist mark, but we are going to make sure.

To make a clean install there isn't really a mounting location for a bracket, so we are trying this and see how it goes.

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score

60970_429040902154_52080517154_5621094_6287425_n.jpg

Iz dat sum CF? On the valve cover there? Also, I like the CF CAI. Even if it's not real CF.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
1) this thread is great and all. but everyone pretty much knows that either the use of a breather or catch can is essential and they MUST be used.
2) personally, the price is too much. i'm not saying its unjustified but its not what i would pay.
3) this forum really needs to kick the useless users off, but thats for a different thread.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Hydrocarbon coil covers
Real Carbon JLT CAI
Real Carbon Radiator cover

We have it all
Jay

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Just an idea for the people that need to buy two of them, maybe do a package deal? Both sides for $199?

Price is a little high for me, but it def looks like a great product!

mustangguy289

Reaction score
Ok, 30 miles and 2 tablespoons is 333 tablespoons of oil in 5000 miles which is over 5 quarts of oil. How many miles are on your car Jay and have you checked the oil lately?

With this logic.. our oil pans should be near empty at every oil change interval.

L.Sanchez

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody has answered the question yet...

That is a lot of oil for such a short period of time. I know on my LS1 and LS6 cars this was a bit of an issue, but they didn't vent nearly as much oil as this seems to be. Is this a possible Ford TSB or recall?? Obviously Ford must have seen some of this during testing???

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody has answered the question yet...

That is a lot of oil for such a short period of time. I know on my LS1 and LS6 cars this was a bit of an issue, but they didn't vent nearly as much oil as this seems to be. Is this a possible Ford TSB or recall?? Obviously Ford must have seen some of this during testing???
What is your question?
Should Ford do a TSB? Not our call, that's a question for Ford.

This is common and all engines do it. Once I emptied it there was about 1 teaspoon in the tank. Normal.
Unplug any PCV line on any car and you will see and feel oil, same goes from the intake tube itself.

Cobras and Lightnings are terrible.

So far my driver side is dry

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Good idea, buy a POS for your Mustang from a VW board vs. supporting a S197forums.com vendor who's a Mustang enthusiest and builds parts specific for Mustangs.

Big thanks for the post and the good info on a great product;)

Reaction score
Good idea, buy a POS for your Mustang from a VW board vs. supporting a S197forums.com vendor who's a Mustang enthusiest and builds parts specific for Mustangs.

Big thanks for the post and the good info on a great product;)

Sorry for my sarcasm.

I was trying to inform the troglodytes of an alternate means of oil separation at the same cost plus gaudy factor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back