Need SCT X3 help!

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, I've been using my X3 on my computer with no problem for the last few months. Uploaded a couple tunes piece of cake. Well, I just got my updated tune from BBR and went to upload it. As soon as I hit "load custom tune file" it pauses for a few seconds and then says, "failed to read data." I click "OK," and it comes back. It says that same error 10 times in a row and then says "Not a valid SCT device." I haven't had any problems with this thing at all. Worked like a champ. I've done a ton of research over the past hour and can't find anything that fixes my problem. I've found other people's solutions (update driver info, etc), but they don't fix mine. I have the most recent firmware and all appropriate SCT software. I even deleted and redownloaded the Updater program. Any help!? I want to get my JLT installed.

Sharp07GT

Reaction score
Okay, I've been using my X3 on my computer with no problem for the last few months. Uploaded a couple tunes piece of cake. Well, I just got my updated tune from BBR and went to upload it. As soon as I hit "load custom tune file" it pauses for a few seconds and then says, "failed to read data." I click "OK," and it comes back. It says that same error 10 times in a row and then says "Not a valid SCT device." I haven't had any problems with this thing at all. Worked like a champ. I've done a ton of research over the past hour and can't find anything that fixes my problem. I've found other people's solutions (update driver info, etc), but they don't fix mine. I have the most recent firmware and all appropriate SCT software. I even deleted and redownloaded the Updater program. Any help!? I want to get my JLT installed.

Same thing happened to mine, got my tuner to send it back to SCT and they refurbished it free !!!

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Brand new Tuner. Was uploading a tune and got the same error. I had loaded several tunes prior with no issues. I uninstalled all the updater software and the drivers, and did a fresh install, and it fixed the problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back