Need some exper advice!

05xgt

Reaction score
Anyone running a blower with n20? Pro and cons and if your using a wet or dry system? I'm running a Saleen series vi blower and want to use the gas as a cooling agent for my AITs, rather than for power. The rotating assy is still stock so I'm limited to power level. Thanx for any help.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
many have done it.
I will aswell, same deal, saleen.
One member on here had talked about it with a pj jones edition.
But I have not heard of any results.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
IMO there's no sense in complicating things. You are limited by the stock motor. On the stock block I would choose one or the other because either one of them by themselves can push the block to the limit. Not to mention the added cost of two power adders. If you had a built motor then that's another story.

05xgt

Reaction score
Hey I appreciate the input and yeah I know its a recipie for disaster with stock internals. But like I said I just want to use it as a cooling agent. ESP here in the TX heat! Heat soak gets pretty bad quick. Once I figure out if I'm gonna take it to forged 298, or just sell the entire setup and go 5.4/5.8 Im gonna keep it conservative. But I do appreciate the help and input.

05xgt

Reaction score
BTW I was under the impression and understanding that these blocks were capable of holding up to 800+ HP. That the weak link is in the rotating assy? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanx again.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The rods are the weak link stock.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
Just use methanol I just put a kit on have not had time to get to the dyno . With my whipple , 3.375 pullie and a dyno tune when I use it the A/F go's from 11.5 to 9.0 I know I'm loosing power but it dose the job

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
If you had a built bottom end I'd be all for it.

With your stock bottom end it doesn't make any sense. Yes, nitrous is great at cooling down the intake charge. It's also great at making LOTS of torque and lots of horsepower, especially combined with boost, and will certainly kill your engine pretty quick.

If charge cooling is your primary concern, forget the nitrous for now. You should look at improving your intercooling (bigger heat exchanger? bigger pump? etc) and maybe a water/meth kit (I'm not the biggest fan of meth injection with positive displacement blowers, but from reading here others have had good results with it).

Just use methanol I just put a kit on have not had time to get to the dyno . With my whipple , 3.375 pullie and a dyno tune when I use it the A/F go's from 11.5 to 9.0 I know I'm loosing power but it dose the job

9.0!? That's got to be a typo. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back