new 5.0 going flat at full thottle

Ducky

Reaction score
if it was the torque management killing your rpm's wouldnt the traction control light flash at the sametime it acts up?? i know ANYTIME i get into and the tires break loose (w/ the tcs on or just halfway turned off and NOT all the way turned off) the tcs light flashed in the guage cluster. when the TCS is TOTALLY turned off, i get no flashing whatsoever.

I think the TM and TCS are independent of each other. My 06 V6 would throw a code on a cold morning if I got on it too soon that said "too much torque", but it would go into limp mode until I restarted. TCS would never activate though. I don't know if the 5.0 will still go into limp mode for it or just throttle back.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Have you checked the A/F when it does this? I was just reading Beefcake's thread about 02 sensor extenders and causing issues. Happen to be running extenders?

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the A/F when it does this? I was just reading Beefcake's thread about 02 sensor extenders and causing issues. Happen to be running extenders?

stock headers and air fuels are fine.

The ecu is not tunable at this time. nobody has anything for it strategy code yet. Since it's a ford racing item and very limited on sales sct and diablo have bigger fish to catch so I can't just go in and change something "sucks"

05yellowgt

Reaction score

The ecu is not tunable at this time. nobody has anything for it strategy code yet. Since it's a ford racing item and very limited on sales sct and diablo have bigger fish to catch so I can't just go in and change something "sucks"
Check with MattD on here. I think he has been tuning on his Coyote Crate engine he dropped in his 05-10.

Trbosvt

Reaction score

This is the ford Racing kit right? i used the same kit and i tuned it with SCT!!! if you have a SCT programmer you can read the strategy and it should read M2A3_X01_CRATE_3. Don't let SCT tell you you can't tune it. it took me a couple of weeks to talk to the right person, but i did get it done. they had to update the firmware in the programmers but it is possible.... i did it with an SCT X3 programmer. if you have any questions give me a call 818-521-8109.

C

chuck@EvolutionPerformanc

Is the fuel system stock, or is it return style? Just wondering because I believe that the controls pack is not compatible with the stock returnless.

Back