New Best 10.57 @ 129.7

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Went to the track in Lufkin today and made a couple of passes. The car ran a new best of 10.57 @ 129.72, also pulled new best 60' of 1.53, and of course 1/8 mile of 6.77. I am still not able to leave in boost without spinning but at least now I am fairly sure in cooler weather and with better traction it will likely run in the 10.30's and when I add a little juice 9's should be easy.

9977b3d8.jpg

Last edited:

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Nice times, still running Wes's tune?

Stock 5r55 and imput shaft? What converter? Wow, this may give me hope for mine.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice times, still running Wes's tune?

Stock 5r55 and imput shaft? What converter? Wow, this may give me hope for mine.

Thanks. The tune was originally done by Wes, but since the new engine was installed Benjy has been taking care of all of my updates. As for the trans, it has billet input shaft, billet servos, Alto red clutches, basically everything available. The convertor is a Circle D triple disk.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Went to the track in Lufkin today and made a couple of passes. The car ran a new best of 10.57 @ 129.72, also pulled new best 60' of 1.53, and of course 1/8 mile of 6.77. I am still not able to leave in boost without spinning but at least now I am fairly sure in cooler weather and with better traction it will likely run in the 10.30's and when I add a little juice 9's should be easy.

Nice passes! What suspension and tires were you running? Any engine pics?

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice passes! What suspension and tires were you running? Any engine pics?

Thanks, Stock suspension other than Sportlines, BMR relocation brackets. I drive around everyday on the same tires I run the car on which are MT ET II drag radials 295/45/17's. I actually have upper and lower control arms to install but haven't gotten around to it yet. Here is an old picture but really other than the cam covers being painted it looks the same.
cb018.jpg

what boost is that? At what boost did you upgrade to the 8 rib?

I have been running the 8 rib since the blower went on the car as it came with the kit I bought from another member. Boost is totally dependent on engine rpm so if I shift early 6300 it will make around 16 lbs but at 7200 it is around 21-22 lbs (weather dependent).

nice time's what kind of numbers are you putting down

Thanks, no idea on how much power its making as it hasn't been on the dyno since I installed the new engine or the 2.95 pulley.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Stock suspension other than Sportlines, BMR relocation brackets. I drive around everyday on the same tires I run the car on which are MT ET II drag radials 295/45/17's. I actually have upper and lower control arms to install but haven't gotten around to it yet. Here is an old picture but really other than the cam covers being painted it looks the same.
cb018.jpg

I have been running the 8 rib since the blower went on the car as it came with the kit I bought from another member. Boost is totally dependent on engine rpm so if I shift early 6300 it will make around 16 lbs but at 7200 it is around 21-22 lbs (weather dependent).

Thanks, no idea on how much power its making as it hasn't been on the dyno since I installed the new engine or the 2.95 pulley.

That's bad ass man are you still stock rear end

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
man, love your car! Where is all your vids? You said thats not bad for a daily driver, I would love to have a 10 sec. car for a daily driver, that would be awesome to whoop everything on the road..lol

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
man, love your car! Where is all your vids? You said thats not bad for a daily driver, I would love to have a 10 sec. car for a daily driver, that would be awesome to whoop everything on the road..lol

I'll be happy when it runs 9.7-9.8's, but considering the car actually gained weight with the iron block, and not having removed any other weight I won't complain with how it runs now.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice....Great job!

Chris

Thanks Chris, you know I am a fan of your convertors. I was hooked after I had you build the convertor for my SuperCoupe way back when.

If I can figure out how to get this car to hook up a little better it will easily 60' in the 1.4's as I am having to leave just off idle. In any case thanks for the great convertor I appreciate it.

Charles

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back