New engine build

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
What is the benefit of a coyote crank in a 4.6 block? Not that it is a coyote crank, but "hypothetically" speaking.

Lito did you do any oiling system mods to use that bearing set up, or just machine clearance for two full thrust bearings?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What is the benefit of a coyote crank in a 4.6 block? Not that it is a coyote crank, but "hypothetically" speaking.

Lito did you do any oiling system mods to use that bearing set up, or just machine clearance for two full thrust bearings?

Hypothetically speaking, well, it has a longer stroke compared to the 4.6L one (3.543 vs 3.650) and is forged and it costs (a year ago) 250$.

No oiling mods, in that area is just wider (without ever seeing a coyote block internally myself) so I guess that main is wider in the coyote block, we just made a custom 3 piece lower bearing that is similar to the stock 3V flange, just slightly wider.

And BTW, this is all BruceH's fault.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To complete it, you'll need a set of valve covers from ACME Co.
wile-e.jpg

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, well, it has a longer stroke compared to the 4.6L one (3.543 vs 3.650) and is forged and it costs (a year ago) 250$.

No oiling mods, in that area is just wider (without ever seeing a coyote block internally myself) so I guess that main is wider in the coyote block, we just made a custom 3 piece lower bearing that is similar to the stock 3V flange, just slightly wider.

It usually is.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Hey, you still have some liner left. Nice. You know that all the cool kids will be doing this once you release the details.

SStang

forum member
Reaction score

Why is that? What did I miss?

Thanks.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Is still a 3V....

And yes, is a fanny pack/man purse. I thought like you before but on a trip as I had to carry quite some more stuff, got one, never looked back.

I carry two phones, three door remotes, wallet, check book, keys, headphones, pills, small tool, coins and guess what, wet wipes, lol.

Enviado desde mi MotoX

forgot something, 2 laptops :beerdrink:, great work my friend

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Didn't MMR try to make a 3v engine with coyote components with much issue?

Looks like fun though! I can't wait to see the results. Wish you the best of luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back