New Hood and Louvers...

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Got my New hood and Side window louvers the other day. They go into paint in the morning.

Cervinis 2.5" Cowl and '65 Side Louvers. My Roush wing should be here early next week.

Im going to get some stripes painted down the raised side section of the cowl itself sorta like this...

I really like the looks of the hood, just figured I would show it off.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh! Welcome bro!!!

I love that hood man! It's going to go great with your setup. I'm still dying to see it on a black car to see if I can pull it off!

Those louvers...who makes them?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, i'm kinda diggin' the hood too. It it wasn't such a complete pain in the ass to have the hood delivered to a body shop, get the car up there, remove the current hood, fit the new one, put the current one back on while it is being painted, go back up, remove the current hood, put the new one on, and figure out a way to get the current one back to the house, I would have already bought a new hood.

Damn, that wore me out! No wonder I don't have a new hood.

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Hawgman said:
Yea, i'm kinda diggin' the hood too. It it wasn't such a complete pain in the ass to have the hood delivered to a body shop, get the car up there, remove the current hood, fit the new one, put the current one back on while it is being painted, go back up, remove the current hood, put the new one on, and figure out a way to get the current one back to the house, I would have already bought a new hood.

Damn, that wore me out! No wonder I don't have a new hood.

LOL. Sounds like someone is being lazy!!!
My painter is 2 mins from the shop. So ill drive over there this morning with the hood on, unbolt it and drive back without a hood, and but the stock one on. Although it should be ready by the middle of the week. I hope to have everything done before the FFW in GA.

Nick those side louvers are made by Cervinis also, they are the '65 Louvers.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome Josh!. That hood is gonig to be bad ass with the stripes the way you plan to do em. i cant wait to see it

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love cowl hoods and the side striping will really set it apart. Can't wait to see the pics.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That hood looks pretty sick. Though, I can't decide if I like the Cervinis or the Steeda better....

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
LAK3RS said:
That hood looks pretty sick. Though, I can't decide if I like the Cervinis or the Steeda better....

I was going to get the Steeda hood, but luckily for me Cervinis released this hood right before I got ready to order. I like this one just because its a little more agressive looking.

Josh

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh@PMP said:
LAK3RS said:

I was going to get the Steeda hood, but luckily for me Cervinis released this hood right before I got ready to order. I like this one just because its a little more agressive looking.

Josh

Your right on it being a little more aggressive. I just need to see it in Yellow to know If I'd like it or not....

V

VSOP

I like the faded checkered flag strip on the side of cowl hoods. BOSS330 racing has it as a logo on lots of the race cars that run his engine

M

Musclestang

Love the hood and the scoops. Can't wait to see some painted pics.

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Here is a picture of it all painted. I didn't put the louvers on before we left for the event in GA though.

Attachments

• IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 64

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks badass Josh!!! I have got to see some better pics though!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good man:rock:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back