New Maximum Motorsports Cage, Serial #001

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I decided it was time to stop messing around. The 06 is just to much car to take to the track and not get kicked out, so I decided to get it NHRA/NMRA legal.

I just ordered a 6pt cage from MM this afternoon. On their website, they don't have anything with removable door bars, so I emailed them and asked if they could build me one with them.

Chuck in the Tech dept wrote me back that they are coming out with a cage with removable bars, but that it wasnt on the website yet. Better yet, they had one completed, so he sold it to me. Looks like I am the first one to order the new style.

Here are a few pics. They are from the install manual, which they havent completed yet. They just show the mounting points for the bars really, nothing to special.

I am still pumped though. I am ready to get this in the car and see what it will do.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
slap some paint on that and it will look pretty sweet! I like that you can take the door bars out for DD duty.

Last edited:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
slap some paint on that and it will look pretty sweet! I like that you can take the door bars out for DD duty.

Same here. I drive the car almost daily when I am home. Take my son to school etc. The bars had to come out for me to be really able to get it.

Soo it's a bolt in?

Hoop and door bars bolt in. Rear supports bolt in first, then you weld them down. The main hoop mounting bracket is pretty heavy duty looking and the way it attaches looks like it's pretty damn solid.

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
You know something funny? I have the first MM bolt in 6 point cage in my garage without swingouts. That means we are awesome

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So removable side bars are now legal? Cool.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So removable side bars are now legal? Cool.

Were swing outs not legal? I don't see how removable bars are any different than swing outs. Both are held in place with pins or bolts.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moveable side bars were always not legal for competition as far as I know. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was the case.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Regardless, a 6pt is overkill for anything slower than 9.99, unless I am misreading the rules.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Swing out side bars are legal for a roll bar setup. If you start getting into 9.99 or quicker then you need a full cage and swing outs are not allowed with a full cage.

OP looks like a nice setup, I was wondering if they were ever going to offer swing outs. The only thing I don't like about the MM bar is the way you have to cut up the interior side panels.

Earl

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Swing out side bars are legal for a roll bar setup. If you start getting into 9.99 or quicker then you need a full cage and swing outs are not allowed with a full cage.

OP looks like a nice setup, I was wondering if they were ever going to offer swing outs. The only thing I don't like about the MM bar is the way you have to cut up the interior side panels.

Earl

I will admit to not liking having to cut the panels. That being said, I don't see how you install any roll bar set up without cutting it up though. If the back supports were not welded in, you could get away with just a hole. Being welded in, no such luck with just cutting a hole.

For the price, and the fact that I will actually be able to take the car to RPR in Houston without getting booted, it's a good deal. I could always replace those panels if for some reason I removed the roll bar later on.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, a question....

The roll bar itself is NHRA/NMRA legal. Once it's installed, is there a certification process that has to be done? Paperwork that has to be shown at the track?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of for just a roll bar setup. It only requires an inspection by the track tech people, most will never even look at it. When you start getting into a cage and such that will require an inspection and certification based on how fast you are going.

Earl

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of for just a roll bar setup. It only requires an inspection by the track tech people, most will never even look at it. When you start getting into a cage and such that will require an inspection and certification based on how fast you are going.

Earl

Cool. Thanks Earl.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is it made out of and how much does it weigh?

I need to do the same damn thing. Just haven't gotten around to it yet

Back