New Mickey Thompson Tire

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I just saw Mickey Thompson released a new tire. ET Street Radial S/S

As of now they don't have quite as big of selection as the Radial II's, but they look like they will be a better tire. Has anyone looked into these?

Link:

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetSS

et_street_ss.jpg

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking about trying the new SS on my 15x10 wheels. I am not real happy with my 555R's

13 GT TVS 6R80

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Don't shoot me, I realize I could be hijacking....

How many miles are reasonable to expect out of a tire such as this?

Considering how fast I blew through a set of Nitto NT450's....
I am debating the NT555 vs a drag radial now.

Thanks
Jason

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Getting ready to order some Welds and I find out my mickeys are not available anymore!! WTF. Anybody race these and how do they compare to older MT drag radials? ET streets and streets II? Those were fantastic tires for me.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I just ordered the ET pro radials for my racestars since they are a second set. These seem like something to get comparable to a NT555

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
Getting ready to order some Welds and I find out my mickeys are not available anymore!! WTF. Anybody race these and how do they compare to older MT drag radials? ET streets and streets II? Those were fantastic tires for me.

I also would like to know. I don't have much luck with 555R

13 GT TVS 6R80

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
you talking about these MT ET Street Drag radials? If so these hook great on the street. Haven't had a chance to use them at the track yet. Mileage I've read somewhere possibly 5k miles with some track time in between so that's not to bad.

Attachments

• rear gt500 tire.jpg
    rear gt500 tire.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 13
  • gt500 lowered.jpg
    gt500 lowered.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 14

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
you talking about these MT ET Street Drag radials? If so these hook great on the street. Haven't had a chance to use them at the track yet. Mileage I've read somewhere possibly 5k miles with some track time in between so that's not to bad.

Those are the ones they quit making aren't they?

13 GT TVS 6R80

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think these new S/S tires are the same as the S/R II's, they just stopped making the old S/R's, combined and reduced the sizes available and renamed them S/S. I run the S/R II's as my DD summer tires and they are great, they hook well on the street and very good at the track. I would think these new S/S tires would be the same. When mine wear out, I will be getting these new S/S tires to replace them.

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
I think they might be all I know is that they go for at least 300 a tire and I got lucky and paid 200 for 2 tires locally

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I think these new S/S tires are the same as the S/R II's, they just stopped making the old S/R's, combined and reduced the sizes available and renamed them S/S. I run the S/R II's as my DD summer tires and they are great, they hook well on the street and very good at the track. I would think these new S/S tires would be the same. When mine wear out, I will be getting these new S/S tires to replace them.

Good to hear. I ordered some Weld RTS 15x10 and the MT SS 295/55/15. Do you have any issues with spinning the tires on the rim? I'm only like 430 to the wheels but I always spin the tires on the wheel. I'll make 8-10 passes and it will move as much as 3 inches. Eventually needing a rebalance. 60 FTS are only high 1.8s

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hasn't been a problem with mine but my car leaves very softly, 1.90's 60's. I am also running 18 inch wheels. I don't know if the 15 inch wheels would make any difference.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
I just saw Mickey Thompson released a new tire. ET Street Radial S/S

As of now they don't have quite as big of selection as the Radial II's, but they look like they will be a better tire. Has anyone looked into these?

Link:

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetSS

et_street_ss.jpg

As posted above, it looks like MT combined the names of their old ET Streets and Drag Radial to make one new tire. Just a name thing I suspect.

Maybe they are getting away from the bias ply tube type tires like their old ET Streets ? ( which I had and were dangerous on wet roads)

I have their "old" drag radials on the Gray 'Bird and like them. ( 295-50-16)
When I order tires for the '05 GT I will go with their new 275 street radials

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to try them out once my N555R's wear out, hopefully the price comes down some by then. I have to agree with others, I think Mickey Thompson is trying to upgrade/update their selection!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I used my new MT 295/55/15 SS DRs this weekend. Made a dozen passes and they stick great! I leave off idle with my auto trans and was cutting 1.84 60 fts with no spin. Second gear stuck hard too. Im very happy with the new tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back