New to mustangs

Noah Boat

Reaction score
Honestly was just wondering on what’s a good suspension/wheel setup that is affordable since i don’t know much about mustangs and there specs. 2012 S197 premium

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Suspension you cannot go wrong with BMR at all. Most guys run that.
- But I would say really any Lower rear control arm with relocation brackets.

- I have heard good things about the KYB excel GR/2 struts and the KYB gas adjust rear shocks (Very cheap rockauto) $250-$290 for those dampers, Then next up I'd say the Koni orange at about $375 for the set, then strange adjustable shocks and struts just under $500 I believe.

- Springs BMR or FRPP or really any other just comes down to daily, weekend warrior, drag or cornering. I recommend the SP009 BMR springs. Great all around spring.

- Sway bars I recommend the Sam Strano/Hellwig adjustable but really opinion as well as what do you want from the car. Daily and auto X those are great or FRPP really a pick your poison with suspension. The most critical in my eyes are the dampers.

13v6

Reaction score
First, think about what you want to do with your car. A drag strip car will be set up differently from a track car and a "just the street" car is different yet. If you're going for a more fun street experience, for example, you won't need a setup to make 1G+ corners. You just don't want to waste money buying the wrong parts.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
For me it was a good set of Run Flat Tires and program to get it down to 3450 lbs with things you might not need. Not much different in 1938 with a 32 Ford Flathead V8 you purchased for $50.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back