New Tunes, very happy

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Have been running a JDM email tune for 18 months and have been about 90% happy. Every month I would get a signal stuck rich cel and the flashing OD light. No real biggie but very irritating.

Had brenspeed write me two new tunes. The first one is an everyday balls out fast tune. Second was a slower version so I can run my 12.90 bracket.

Went to test n tune on Saturday afternoon. DA was 1731 ft, temps were in the middle 80s with 80% humidity.

First run was with the DD fast tune. Car was kinda cooled off from the hour drive there but not cold by any means.
12.26@114
I was thrilled. I wasnt expecting that at all.

Put in the slower 12.90 tune. Car was now at full operating temp.
13.02@110 and hot lapped a 13.08@110
I was hoping for closer to 12.90 but it was hot as shit middle of the day.

Night came and we started our event. I decided to run the fast tune and just let off half track and brake like I have done before but the car was so fast it was hard to slow down to 12.90 and was running 12.7s . For the third round of qualifying I put in the slow tune and ran it all the way out for a 12.76@111. Well this really surprised me. I didnt expect the slow tune to be 3 tenths faster in cooler air. DA had dropped to 1250ft or so.

Elimination rounds came and I kept the slow tune in, had the car moderately warmed up and ran a 12.78@97 with my nose ahead of the other guys car. He ran a 12.80. Double breakout, I lose. But I was happy with the loss. I would rather lose with my nose in the lead than the reverse.

Even though I didnt get a PB or win any rounds I am very happy with my two new tunes. My mistake was that I didnt warm the car up completely during the main event. With the drop in DA and cooler temps, my car was running plenty fast.

I also believe if I could have run my car in the cooler air with the faster tune I think I would be very close to hitting the 11's.

I really gotta give props to Miles and Brent at Brenspeed. I told them about my two issues with the JDM tune and they completely solved them. Have been running the tune for almost two weeks and no issues at all. Did 9 runs at the track with no issues. The old tune would always give me a signal stuck rich cel at the end of the night.......so irritating. The throttle repsonse is so crisp now. I really love it. They also dialed in the cam lope much better. Car now has that nice Detroit Rocker tone.

Hopefully later this year I will get a chance to run my fast tune in some good air and maybe get that 11 second slip.:boobies:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Ray........Man I hope I get a chance to run her at night with some good air. I think she has it in her. I was truly expecting a 12.4-12.5 in that afternoon heat. I was shocked and stoked to see a 12.26:boobies: Track was hot, when I hit second gear it really spun hard before my ET Streets grabbed.

This car is so awesome. It really takes everything I throw at it. 3 years of racing , over 200 passes and the only part to fail was the rear end clutches.....Awesome!!:beer:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back