NHRA Safety Regs

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Anyone know of some links? I have tried google and the forum search but not finding much. I plan on buying the NHRA rule book when I return from Iraq in April. I am wanting to start reading up and mapping out what I will need to make the car legal for 10.00-10.99. I am wanting to bust my national event cherry in Nov at the NMRA event in Houston. Plan on entering the True Street class. Figured that would be a good class to cut my teeth on. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
All NHRA posts is a quick reference chart. You need to buy the rule book to get all the details.

p.s. Just join NHRA and you'll get one every year, along with a subscription to National Dragster.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Why True street instead of super stang? just wondering, and i'm looking forward to seeing your car in Houston! :beer:

To be honest my plans are in the pleminary planning stages. I still have a lot of reading and research to do on stupid noob topics concerning racing formats. (sportsman ladder, handicap start, etc.) I have always been a Test and Tune guy at the local track here in El Paso. Just running cars that would line up against me. Concentrating more on beating my PB than them (unless they were assholes) My thinking is that running True Street will get me on the track at a major event and the only thing I have to worry about is not red lighting. Plus I will get to see the event and see how its run. I eventually would like to run in a class like that or modular muscle.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought the 2010 rulebook, whadda want to know?

patrick

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I cut my "event teeth" at NMRA in Houston last November. In Super Stang. I will be there again this coming year, and we can go over anything that you might want to know about the event itself ahead of time.

SD helped me out, cause I didnt' know wtf was going on. lol.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I cut my "event teeth" at NMRA in Houston last November. In Super Stang. I will be there again this coming year, and we can go over anything that you might want to know about the event itself ahead of time.

Well I might have to hit you guys up then for some advice. May come a month or two early over a weekend to check out the track and to let you guys (if y'all are willing) to look over the car and make sure all is legal safety wise.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Just for grins....with your kind of power I'd say low 11's to mid 10's should be reachable. Anything below 11.50 you need a single layer fire jacket and a minimum of a 6 point roll bar & harness. Driveshaft loop is required with slicks and should be used anyway regardless of tires or elapsed times. At 10.99 you need aftermarket axles along with
"positive axle retention device." IE: 9" housing ends or c-clip eliminators.

And now you've got the big head thinking you're going to beat me. :roflmao:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Just for grins....with your kind of power I'd say low 11's to mid 10's should be reachable. Anything below 11.50 you need a single layer fire jacket and a minimum of a 6 point roll bar & harness. Driveshaft loop is required with slicks and should be used anyway regardless of tires or elapsed times. At 10.99 you need aftermarket axles along with
"positive axle retention device." IE: 9" housing ends or c-clip eliminators.

Yep I got that stuff on my list. I am looking at upgrading to the CJ 9 inch rearend, well I am researching it to see what is involved. Was thinking of going with the maximum motorsports 6 point roll cage. As far as safety loops do I need one or the front and back, or just the front loop?

I have a feeling that it's a 10 second car with an 11 second driver!!! But I plan on having fun trying.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Bite me. lol. I don't do anything halfassed. If I'm gonna race, it's gonna be to beat everyone, including you, Slick. :beerdrink:

p.s. I can still pit with you...right? hahahaha

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
LOL....

I second the notion to go ahead an join NHRA.....and yes, S.D. is a lot of help...he is willing to help out a lot or people...

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Best I've heard was back in '01 or so during the FFW finals in Ennis. Some broad came over and tried to rattle me before the semi-final. Seems her boyfriend was going to be in the other lane. I basically told her to shut the cumcatcher under her nose and haul her skank ass back to whatever pisshole she drizzled out of before I locked her in a Port-O-Can, set it on fire, and rolled it down a hill.

She then proceeded to tell a small herd in the staging lanes what I said. Steve Ferguson looked at her and said, "Oh....caught him in a good mood didn't you?"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back