No Need!

R

Ratman

This section will most likely not be needed as the GT500 has it ALL and requires no tech support!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This section will most likely not be needed as the GT500 has it ALL and requires no tech support!
"Don't be hatin'" (for the record - you could not get me to say that out loud if you put a gun to my head)...

The only thing wrong with the GT500 vs the GT is the behavior of the people buying them...

This may be gruesome - but the only kink I see in my theory that their high production #'s will bring their prices down soon enough is a severe slowdown in earnings/production or Shelby's untimely demise (I wish him eternal health so that he may bless us with his talents)...

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That and the additional 500lbs of weight on the nose and fords inability to control markup.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with it.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That and the additional 500lbs of weight on the nose and fords inability to control markup.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with it.
Well, I was keeping it in perspective of the GT's sack of sand and ball bearing 5-speed, rubbery driveshaft (though the GT500 shares that abomination), $random number generator shifter, scratchy window hardware, floppy hood, useless traction control, stock tires that make ice look like like a high friction surface and guages that have all the accuracy of a wet finger in the air (oh wait, I can actually get closer with the wet finger!)

INHALE....

So, given that - the GT500 is a nice starting point for mods if it were priced like the sack of upgrades that it is... It still needs "help"...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I was keeping it in perspective of the GT's sack of sand and ball bearing 5-speed, rubbery driveshaft (though the GT500 shares that abomination), $random number generator shifter, scratchy window hardware, floppy hood, useless traction control, stock tires that make ice look like like a high friction surface and guages that have all the accuracy of a wet finger in the air (oh wait, I can actually get closer with the wet finger!)

INHALE....

So, given that - the GT500 is a nice starting point for mods if it were priced like the sack of upgrades that it is... It still needs "help"...

omg hahaha

travelers

Reaction score

INHALE....

I was at Evo Performance last week and they had two GT500s one had a box of take off parts the size of a coffen. They were replacing almost everything under the car. The cars were still wraped in plastic:clap:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was at Evo Performance last week and they had two GT500s one had a box of take off parts the size of a coffen. They were replacing almost everything under the car. The cars were still wraped in plastic:clap:
I'll have to get pics of my basement one of these days...:roflmao:

I was thinking once I was done, I could line them all up like an FAA crash reconstruction...

hoboattacker

Reaction score

INHALE....

No hard feelings for Ford though, right? :roflmao:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the Gt500, I just don't like it enough to pay 20K over the sticker price. And as soon as I get back, I'll find one on I95 and get me a Kill!

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Besides being overpriced + mark-up, ugly wheels and ride height that will make a swamp buggy jealous, is not too bad. The way I see it, at least Ford is making an effort to keep the American Muscle (even if most of the parts are foreing) alive!!!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

So that explains why you drove yours basically straight from the dealership to the shop to have all that work done to it....

R

Ratman

Now now, I read in the owners manual that these cars are shipped with temporary headers and exhaust, so I had permenant ones installed. It also says to replace the S/C pulley within 500 miles to prevent slow ass driving. I installed the CAI just cause it's pretty!

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And for another 7K you can get an aluminum shortblock from JDM to get rid of the boat anchor you have in there.

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Hey, ford has to do something to help sell BMW's right?? If they fixed all of the above what would M3 guys mock us about?

All I know is thank god for useless traction control. I cant stand most systems to begin with, I am just thankfull I can turn this one completely OFF. As far as everything else, sure, things could be better, but overall I still say it is an amazing car for 30K or so.

But if I were paying 45+ for one (gt500) things might start to annoy me.

Back