non-stock Strut users here

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I already have adj shocks in the back but in the fronts I have the stock struts with roush springs.

I'm looking for the best non adjustable for a 500rwhp stang that will be at high speeds and corning hard..

I know Roush and steeda has some.. then there are the koni str.t and tokicos blue..

which is the best??????????????

also whats the damn part I need to stop it making a clunking sound when I turn the wheel? (only doest it when stopped or at very low speed).. dont know if its a bushing or something about putting the strute bolt on the other side?? or something like that.. haha

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I already have adj shocks in the back but in the fronts I have the stock struts with roush springs.

I'm looking for the best non adjustable for a 500rwhp stang that will be at high speeds and corning hard..

I know Roush and steeda has some.. then there are the koni str.t and tokicos blue..

which is the best??????????????

also whats the damn part I need to stop it making a clunking sound when I turn the wheel? (only doest it when stopped or at very low speed).. dont know if its a bushing or something about putting the strute bolt on the other side?? or something like that.. haha

Won't get into the best strut combo, but the part you need to stop the clunking is the new strut mounts which were revised in 07 and again in 09 I believe. Either of those will stop it.

lostsoul

Reaction score
Won't get into the best strut combo, but the part you need to stop the clunking is the new strut mounts which were revised in 07 and again in 09 I believe. Either of those will stop it.

sweet thanks.. that shit has pissed me off since I bought the damn thing(used).. haha

DRock

Reaction score
Id probably go with the Koni's because they have a lifetime warranty. And the clunking you could use the steeda upper mounts or the maximum motorsports camber plates.

lostsoul

Reaction score
omg.. each one of those is close to $300..hahah Cant I just buy new mounts from ford for cheaper... I hope...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just pick up some of the GT500 strut mounts for around $60.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
(2) 8R3Z-18183-B (Motorcraft Part# AD-1062) Mount - Upper Strut

Refer to TSB 07-18-2

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I went with steeda uper strut mount cuz I wanted to dial in my camber. I also went with the koni str.t. They have been great so far and really improved my balance.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I went with steeda uper strut mount cuz I wanted to dial in my camber. I also went with the koni str.t. They have been great so far and really improved my balance.

I also put the SRT.T's on my car. Man, the difference between these and stock is night and day!!

OP, look up Sam Strano on these forums. He has a sale going on for Koni's right now. You will NOT be disappointed with the SRT.T front struts. I also had to use the GT500 upper strut mount mentioned above. S 197 also went over to the Koni SRT.T's and I believe he is just as impressed with them as I am.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Sam actually put a pic of my car on his website to advertise the ultra lite springs. He's the one I got my Koni's and PH bar from.

lostsoul

Reaction score
(2) 8R3Z-18183-B (Motorcraft Part# AD-1062) Mount - Upper Strut

Refer to TSB 07-18-2

Was this the issue you ran into a while back on allfords site? The part number for the mounts from tsb 5-9-11 was not the right one that TSB 07-18-2 calls out for?

Is 8R3Z-18183-B the same as the gt500 strut mounts?

I also put the SRT.T's on my car. Man, the difference between these and stock is night and day!!

OP, look up Sam Strano on these forums. He has a sale going on for Koni's right now. You will NOT be disappointed with the SRT.T front struts. I also had to use the GT500 upper strut mount mentioned above. S 197 also went over to the Koni SRT.T's and I believe he is just as impressed with them as I am.

Thanks... Thats sounds like the setup I want.. srt.t's and the mounts....

I might have gone for the sports and mm or J&M caster plates, but I just got raped $900 over installing the 2 front Roush seat covers.. Aparently they decided NOT to read the roush instructions and guess it on the way. Damn crooks=-/

DRock

Reaction score
I might have gone for the sports and mm or J&M caster plates, but I just got raped $900 over installing the 2 front Roush seat covers.. Aparently they decided NOT to read the roush instructions and guess it on the way. Damn crooks=-/

Wow that hurts. They arent that hard to do yourself. You dont need the plates unless you wanna mess with your camber and get it perfect.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Koni STR.T and M-18183-C strut mounts.

Easy install.

Your strut mounts are clunking.

Let me know if you need help.

I would've installed your seat covers for $750! Hahaha.

lostsoul

Reaction score
Koni STR.T and M-18183-C strut mounts.

Easy install.

Your strut mounts are clunking.

Let me know if you need help.

I would've installed your seat covers for $750! Hahaha.

cool.. just ordered the 2 front konis and the eibach camber bolt kit from Strano.

Ill get that mount soon.. I hope its not that bad to install ill check into it when I get all the stuff.. wifes not going to be happy.. haha

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Just go to auto zone and pick up a rental doing compressor and that's about all you need. Impact gun makes compressing the springs nice. P pretty easy though.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score

lostsoul

Reaction score
LRS had them for $61 when I bought mine. Called mustangpartsinstock or something, I guess the venture failed but it was part of LRS anyway, so it's all good I guess.

looks like they raised it back. All parts are ordered now.. I cant believe how many people had this issue.. haha I need to pay attention more :thud:

Thanks for the info guys...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back