Not another LT header question!

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a set of LTs for my car. I'm torn between the Kooks LT with catted mid pipe or the ARH LT with an Off road mid pipe. Ideally I would love to get ARH with a catted mid pipe but for some reason my conscience doesn't allow me to spend the extra 150 or so. My question is, would the Off road mid pipe be too loud? Should I just stick to the Kooks with catted mid pipe? This is my "daily driver' with occasional visits to the track and would hate to dread to drive it. I have FRPP Stingers as catbacks.

I am pretty set on getting one of these two setups. I did look up some videos on Youtube but was wondering about the inside noise. Enough of my senseless rambling... What do you all think?
:bigbeer:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With those Stingers both are going to be loud, especially the O/R ARH. Can't go wrong with either set up. I have Kooks and they're top quality.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have BBK and O/R X-pipe with flowmaster 40's. THe flowmasters with stock exhaust had a good old school rumble, loved it! WIth headers and o/r mid, at idle its a little louder , but deeper and and huskier sounding, loving that even more, with mild throttle really really nice deep husky sound, digging the shit out of that, but when you get into the throttle a bit, you start getting a little trumpety sound, but at WOT above 3500 rpm stand by for the all out scream. kind of a mix of nascar/indy car. I didn't like it at first but its certainly starting to grow on me. but then again I have the less expensive BBK LT's

IF you go with an o/r mid and loud mufflers its going to be really loud, but if you go with a "not so loud" muffler, yo will probably be okay.

If I would have had the money, I would have went with the catted mid pipe, because now I will have to get o2 simulaters to get past inspection, if your state does not require and inspection sticker.....fuck it go with the volume.........lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had ARH with a off road H and Stingers. It wasnt too bad by any means

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ARH LT's with H pipe and FRPP Stingers

I also have 4.10s in the rear so RPM's are higher than normal

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have obx headers with off road mid and bassani race. They are loud as hell. BTW, dont buy the obx. Complete junk, I dont care what anyone says. Have the American Racing headers laying on the floor and they look great, lol.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I have the exact combo you're referring to:
Kooks L/Ts
Kooks O/R X-Pipe
FRPP Stingers

It is "wake the dead" loud. No need for a stereo. Don't plan on having in the cabin conversations or slipping in late unnoticed.

I love it - wouldn't change a thing!!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
ARH long tubes and the catted pipe. The cats are very good and won't come apart like the cheaper brands others use. Plus....no worries at inspection time.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ARH long tubes and the catted pipe. The cats are very good and won't come apart like the cheaper brands others use. Plus....no worries at inspection time.

+1 on the quality of the cats.

1. ARH
2. Kooks
3. JBA

in order of fitment, and quality

2006satinGT

it's fast enough....NOT !
Reaction score
I have the BBK ceramic LT's and o/r H pipe with Magnaflow axle backs.. they are loud but my neighbors will still talk to me..

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
I have ARH longtubes,O/R-X,and stingers.....loud at idle,stupid loud under WOT and i wouldnt ave it any other way.

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score
I've got ARH longtubes, O/R H, and Bullitt mufflers.

A little loud and "ROUGH". Wife loves it. So it's definitely not too loud.

I'm thinking of adding some resonators to smooth it out.

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
I've got ARH longtubes, O/R H, and Bullitt mufflers.

A little loud and "ROUGH". Wife loves it. So it's definitely not too loud.

I'm thinking of adding some resonators to smooth it out.

Bullitt from the Bullit Mustang or "Bullet style" mufflers?

Have a sound clip? I was thinking of those Ford Bullit mufflers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back