Not exactly 05+ tech but i bought a 02GT today and need help

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MAC Prochamber w/ MAC cat back,shifter, lower it and tint the windows and your good to go.

matt texass

Reaction score
MAC Prochamber w/ MAC cat back,shifter, lower it and tint the windows and your good to go.

I'll +1 that as another option. All my buddies have 2v's or cobras and it has been either Bassannii or Mac that has made them happy.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still like the Bassani O/R X with Flos...No sound clips but my brothers 99 sounded excellent

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, their mufflers don't extend that far. They are somewhat a "mid muffler system"....cat back! All my buddies have 99-04's, and just dumping the stock mufflers alone sounds great!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dumping the stock mufflers is basically SLP's. pipe and tip lol

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Ron I had a '03 GT and '04 Mach 1 and my experience with the stock catted midpipe was Borlas. I know you recently added resonators to your Borlas on your '05, and I can honestly say that I wish my '06 with shorties, offroad H, resonators, and Borlas sounded like my 04 Mach with stock manifolds, stock mid, and Borla mufflers.

Just my 2 cents.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ron I had a '03 GT and '04 Mach 1 and my experience with the stock catted midpipe was Borlas. I know you recently added resonators to your Borlas on your '05, and I can honestly say that I wish my '06 with shorties, offroad H, resonators, and Borlas sounded like my 04 Mach with stock manifolds, stock mid, and Borla mufflers.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom,

you dont have any sound clips do you? I want to do this once, not multiple times like on the 05

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
No dude I don't, I never took any vids of the car...... I've got tons of pix but that won't help you hahahaaa. One of the things that I miss most about that car was just taking off from idle.... straight line acceleration sounded great, heck just backing it out of the garage was cool LOL...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i wish i could her it in person. videos dont do these cars justice lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Uh...Okay :whistling:

Seriously lol. I want to avoid putting stuff on this car. all the good stuff goes to the 05

here is the borla XS ( their quiet muffler) on my 02 and they are dumped. Put them on a full exhaust and they sound super..like a big block. Very high quality too. I've always loved flo's but these sounded better. Heres some idle, a 1/4 mile and a 1/8 mile sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwplBqoUXTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hon7YWUM-AU

That is loud and with the cam hard to tell but it sure sounds sweeeeeeeet

I was thinking along the similar lines, but am in the air about lowering it

Here's a buddy of mine that has mac longtubes, vrs o/r x and bassani catback. ( I know it has longtubes but here is a sample)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0BNu0oLRQ
And here is another of it at the track ( though it has cams in the one). You can skip the intro stuff if you would like you get to hear the car more towards a minute in.
http://vimeo.com/2261039

That definately sounds good

Those sound excellent as well

Congrats Ron,
Offroad prochamber and magnaflows sounds awesome.

Hey peter. I think im going to stick with stock midpipe for now. im trying to avoid drone.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tom ive been there haha. Videos arent the same but it helps for sure.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i settled on a mac prochamber and mac catback. sounds pretty damn good on mustangexhaust.com so ill give it a whirl.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously lol. I want to avoid putting stuff on this car. all the good stuff goes to the 05

Yeah, I have a 88 GT I'm going to "leave alone" too.

Bring it down to Island on one of those Wednsday night BBQ's we'll see who's slower:idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back