November 6th Cruise to OBX

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I ended up having to buy my own lunch. All of a sudden Mark had a CEL and had to turn back at the rest stop. Ray (Rays R Code) and I know what the issue was. As we were messing with Mark, our blowers sucked in all of the oxygen from around Marks car causing the Air/Fuel to be off, pulling timing and his car threw a Code. Sorry Mark....:LMAO:

LMAO,seriously now you know I had a wedding to go to. Seriously I was going to drive all the way but I did have a CEL come on and was bugging the hell out of me. I turned around after stopping at the rest stop. Once I got home we had lunch and then I went out and checked the code. I got code P0171 (system too lean) and the fix was to clean the MAF. Yea right, I did that,checked all the wire connections and went for a test ride. Well 10 minute ride to top off the gas tank and CEL again. Came home and pulled the code P0174 (system too lean). WTF I'm thinking, so the search button really does work on here. Come to find out when I took off the new oil catch can to check the blow off level before the cruise. I knew something was not right when I started the car,because the idling felt different than usual. The locking push clip did not lock in all the way going into the intake.The hose back off some causing a vacuum leak. Well all is good now,so far at least. Glad everyone enjoyed the cruise. What was the total amount of cars?
I wish I could have made it the whole way and it sucks you guys got rained on. So how are you feeling Walt?
Danny did you buy Ray Jr. lunch? I heard he whipped your ass.

Oh Shit!!! forgot to set the clock back an hour.

Last edited:

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
Well, I ended up having to buy my own lunch. All of a sudden Mark had a CEL and had to turn back at the rest stop. Ray (Rays R Code) and I know what the issue was. As we were messing with Mark, our blowers sucked in all of the oxygen from around Marks car causing the Air/Fuel to be off, pulling timing and his car threw a Code. Sorry Mark....:LMAO:

Funny shit there!

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Funny shit there!

Yea it was funny, but even funnier when your brother told me Ray Jr. waxed Danny's ass on the way to the cruise. Sorry you were on lock down yesterday and today, I'm going to Imports v/s Domestics today. Got the cel out and found it was a vacuum leak on the catch can, the clip didn't lock in on the intake.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this! Sounds like a good time. But I must admit, not sorry I missed the rain. Walt got her back to spotless yet?

Last edited:

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this! Sounds like a good time. But I must admit, not sorry I missed the rain. Walt got her back to spotless yet?
washed top side last nite and gonna clean under body today. not bad as i thought.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
drove about 7mi in the rain. my brother would have had a heart attack!

LOL! Yeah, I can imagine! I would have, too. Last time my car was rained on, took me three days (after work) to get it back the way it was, ha!
Nice day today, though a bit chilly.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How many people showed up? Wish I could have made it! Even in AZ I am working on cars, had to help the MIL/FIL out with some stuff.

Ray-those DR's really helped I see!

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
Yea thank god mine was under the cover. Some people you just can't teach.

rayS197

Reaction score
Ben stated 92 total that was the count @ Applebees. We picked up a few at the rest stop along the way. I dont like getting caught in the rain either, think this is my third time, but it what do you do! Rain will give give me a chance to detail it once again. Drag radials still spun, I have to peedle it until it catches then takes off.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like Jeremy and I will be getting the cars re-tuned on Friday...his new turbo setup should get get gains...I have the power pipe to get tuned and thinking about a 2.95 pulley as well...LOL...thought I had traction issues before, what would 4 more pounds of boost get me?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back