o2 sensor angle, 15 degrees really needed?

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
So is it really necessary to put a wideband on a slight 15 degree angle? Going to make welding this thing in a real PITA.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
It helps keep condensation from eroding the sensor. That said mine is pretty much horizontal

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
It's not that the sensor mount is angled 15 degrees. It's where the sensor needs to mounted in the pipe. Think of it as a clock instead. You want the sensor above the 9 and 3 positions.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The simple way to do it is to run either cat deletes or headers, turn off the rear O2 sensors in the tune and use one of the rear O2 sensor bungs.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well, my instructions have a diagram and it clearly wants the sensor itself to be 15 degrees off of perpendicular to the pipe, with the flow. Thats going to make welding this bung a kind of pain in the ass. Google doesn't turn up much, I read maybe it reduces likelihood of the sensor overheating. I'm going to be supercharged and the only way to put it before my cats puts it about idk 20 inches away from the engine.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Best Practice, as said earlier it prevents premature failure of the sensor.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I just told my exhaust guy driver side and pointing slightly up if possible. It's slightly above 3 o'clock

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back