On3 kit running 8.8 at 7400 feet DA

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Here's that junk that doesn't work, not working... it's about ready for Bowling Green, Turbo Coyote Shootout.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think its about On3 'not working'. I think its a matter of the wastegates and turbos they sell being a dangerous lottery. I personally know people who have spent enough money trying to fix an On3 kit that they could have just gotten a centri and been done in a day. Then compound that with the price point making these kits available to people who should not be installing turbo kits at all messing things up and multiplying the bad publicity.

However all this does not change the fact that if you blow a whole bunch of air into a motor you can make power.

Congrats on the 8 second run. I will be there some day soon hopefully.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think its about On3 'not working'. I think its a matter of the wastegates and turbos they sell being a dangerous lottery. I personally know people who have spent enough money trying to fix an On3 kit that they could have just gotten a centri and been done in a day. Then compound that with the price point making these kits available to people who should not be installing turbo kits at all messing things up and multiplying the bad publicity.

However all this does not change the fact that if you blow a whole bunch of air into a motor you can make power.

Congrats on the 8 second run. I will be there some day soon hopefully.

Oh, I know it works. I'm also willing to bet these people you know don't have the Coyote kit, or if they do their skill level is a little lacking.

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
how is the coyote kit different?
i'm pretty ignorant with on3, haven't even researched them because of negativity, so apologies.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Two guys I know put On3 on a 2v sn95. One guy had bad luck, the other guy had good luck but set the boost controller past stun all the way to vaporize and has toasted 2 blocks. (I know, not On3s problem, but I still think its interesting.)

I was tempted to do an On3 kit on my 3v but ended up going with spray. I figure I have the where-with-all to overcome fitment issues. I have before.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
CtvYCMl.jpg

flyin!!!!:nixon:

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Eh, it just has to be on the car, you don't have to actually throw the laundry every time. It does help when it gets used for sure!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back