One of the best feelings ever.......

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Congrats man! My payments end in about 6 months - can't wait.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
it's a great feeling, until you buy another car. its a vicious cycle lol

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Wait what is this car payment free stuff.....lol. Jk. My mustang is paid for but I owe on my 2014 accord and 2013 Sante fe limited. Fml!!!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Only 5 months into a 60 month loan on my car. I would pay it off early but it's 0% so I'd rather not. I'll come back to this thread in about four and a half years.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Only 5 months into a 60 month loan on my car. I would pay it off early but it's 0% so I'd rather not. I'll come back to this thread in about four and a half years.

Heck yeah! That's free money as long as you don't need the excess credit.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I plan to actually pay this one off. I've just traded around the last two or three. Also plan to actually pay off my ST instead of trading. Congrats mfergel!

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, final payment day is a great day...and then you will itch for a new car smell... :(

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yes, final payment day is a great day...and then you will itch for a new car smell... :(
41N1HH5KKXL._SY300_.jpg

I just saved you several thousand dollars, you're welcome. :clap:

Mineral_'01

forum member
Reaction score
Debating whether I should pay my '14 off next tax season or let my credit build up on my 60 month loan. Prior to this car I never had a payment of any kind and thus zero credit on my report. Had to get a co-signer to get my interest down to 3.2%.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
It's fucked up but no credit is not good credit.
Yep. I could have emptied my savings and investments and bought my truck in cash, but then what happens in five or so years when I want a house?

In the end, I get it. I'd be careful who I loaned money to as well. That not happeneing was one of the biggest driving forces behind the housing crash in 2008, and a lot of good people got screwed because of it.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I get the system, it's fucked up in theory that you have to go into debt to get good credit. But like you said I understand, why would I lend someone money who shows no history of paying back people? makes sense. There is no way to verify beyond "I promise".

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I love paying off cars too. Unfortunately it seems like I just end up with some other debt pretty quickly after that. Right now I'm paying off a vinyl fence. It's hard to stick with just a house payment and that's it for very long.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I get the system, it's fucked up in theory that you have to go into debt to get good credit. But like you said I understand, why would I lend someone money who shows no history of paying back people? makes sense. There is no way to verify beyond "I promise".

I'm 22 years old and before my truck I had a credit score of 730. I had a credit card for a few years, had plenty of bills in my name, and had lasik financing that my parents cosigned for.

Even with that score and on an engineers salary, it was hell trying to find someone to finance me. Why? Cause all my credit was too small. The loan I did get was specially designed for first time car buyers. I was able to swing it without a cosigner though.

Once the truck is paid I should be good. It sucks but that's the way it is

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the exact opposite boat. I just picked up this car two months ago and it's the first car payment I have had since 2009. I have a looooong way to go before it's paid off.

But I'll be happy when it is!

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be paying off my '11 GT and my girlfriend's '13 Hyundai Elantra in March when I get my bonus. Can't wait!

Paul.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back