P0352 I'm lost

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago we started getting this code on my son's 07' with a DOB kit. It was fine for a couple weeks after the install, so we can rule the DOB install out. We've tried swapping coils and plugs around and the code remains on that cylinder.

Code shows up intermittently, car runs like ass and then clears up. If it does it while going WOT, the pcm commands the rev limiter even though we are not at that rpm. We can go drive the car for 10-20 miles and all of the sudden it will start to miss and set the code, then clear up and drive fine.

Things I have checked

Continuity from pcm connection to coil connection
Swapped coils around
Swapped plugs around
Checked for vacuum leaks
Checked for shorts to ground
Checked for shorts to 12v

Anything left to check before I change the PCM?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Can you run new wires? Intermittent problems are always difficult to diagnose, new wires would rule out an intermittent wire issue.

How does the connector and socket look? Corrosion or a pin that's not fully locked could be a suspect as could spark blowout.

By any chance are you running meth injection? I had a spark blowout issue when I was running meth/water.

Are you running stock coils?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Can you run new wires? Intermittent problems are always difficult to diagnose, new wires would rule out an intermittent wire issue.

How does the connector and socket look? Corrosion or a pin that's not fully locked could be a suspect as could spark blowout.

By any chance are you running meth injection? I had a spark blowout issue when I was running meth/water.

Are you running stock coils?

Connector looks good, stock coils, meth system is installed but not on till this issue is resolved. I would think spark blowout as well but it does it at part throttle as well. We are on 11 psi and HTO gapped at .035.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I ran two new temporary wires and the issue is still there. One thing to note is that the A/C blows warm while the car is breaking up while cruising. Then it gets cold again as soon as the misfiring stops. Any ideas?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Have you thought about gapping the plugs down to .032 or .030" and see what happens?

I think it is something else, it ran fine for a couple weeks as is, even with track pulls. I just logged it and when it breaks up at cruise or WOT the short term fuel tables read 1.050 and the A/C gets warm.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I ran two new temporary wires and the issue is still there. One thing to note is that the A/C blows warm while the car is breaking up while cruising. Then it gets cold again as soon as the misfiring stops. Any ideas?

A/C is disabled during open loop. Open loop is determined by throttle position, it's usually lowered for forced induction. That would explain the a/c but not sure how it would tie into the misfire except to maybe narrow it down to open loop.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Iirc guys got intermitent issues like this from the fuse panel under hood. You try reseating it and snugging it up yet?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Do you have a log with spark source? It might point to something else going on if the spark source changes to something not expected when this happens.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The pcm is cutting fuel and A/C clutch due to the coil misfiring. If there is a bad driver in the pcm it will do both of these. That is what Manuel has told me. I even swapped all the coils with mine and same issue. The short term fuel trims are reading 1.050 like it is on the rev limiter during this condition.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The pcm is cutting fuel and A/C clutch due to the coil misfiring. If there is a bad driver in the pcm it will do both of these. That is what Manuel has told me. I even swapped all the coils with mine and same issue. The short term fuel trims are reading 1.050 like it is on the rev limiter during this condition.

figured it would do that.

I had a misfire on my truck last week <rain filled a sparkplug well causing it to arc out> and the AC didnt work for shit. Dried out and replaced ac was fine.

hope its figured out soon

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I think you've done more than most people would have and ruled out a lot of possibilities.
Before ruling it as a definitive PCM issue, I just had an idea: what about trying a different pin in the pcm connector, for the ground-side of the circuit (that triggers the coil)? Maybe there's something with the wire/pin in the connector. you could try a different pin, direct to the COP. I'll mail you a pin/with wire if you need one.

Otherwise, it does sound like the PCM has an intermittent open occurring internally. yuk.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Update

Well, it was the coil drivers in the PCM. I took it to a place in Grand Prairie, TX called Auto ECM Electronics on Tuesday and picked it up today repaired. So far I would recommend these guys to anyone. After calling the dealer and finding that I could not order another one, due to them being discontinued, I started looking for a used one. Then I decided to look for a place to repair it and found this place.

http://www.ecmdepot.com

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Engine folder just had another link added. Thanks!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
So Lito was right! Damn that dude is gooooooooood! Glad you got it worked out.

Back