p0430 code issue

emsrescue41

Reaction score
I have headers with high flow cats and x pipe and keep getting the code. Car does have a bama tune with just a few small things. I have inspection coming soon and they connect to my port for that. How can I make the code go away for good? I have been running the p89 tune and just switched to the s87 tune to see if it will go away but have to wait for all the cycles to tell.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
most likely it's a tune issue

are you clearing the DTC and it's returning?

emsrescue41

Reaction score
yes and have all new tune up including new o2 sensors when I did exhaust install.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's "tune" or "calibration" not "tune up"

yet, you still get this error after the new tune, was the tune updated? or you just loaded a different tune?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Search and you'll get the answer... hint: spark plug anti-foulers.
A tune won't help, unless the count limits for rear sensor counts are increased to max limits.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

emsrescue41

Reaction score
Ok made my own antifoulers and p430 is gone....... but now I can't get p1000 to go away. I have 100 + miles since reset.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ok made my own antifoulers and p430 is gone....... but now I can't get p1000 to go away. I have 100 + miles since reset.

Always seems like it takes a few days to get the OBD ready on everything. I bet it's your evaporative system check that is holding it up. That was always the last one to get cleared for some reason. You can try doing the Ford Drive Cycle to insure you hit all the parameters necessary. I think its the long coasting with no throttle from 50 or something like that that will trigger the evaporative system to trigger, but I'm not positive. All I know is that it's always the last one to clear for me. Usually take 3-4 days for me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back