Palanza's 06 GT Teksid Build lets goo

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well it is time to make one of these so I can feel cool n stuff.

Heres a little background:

Bought my 06 GT almost 3 years ago with 60k miles on it for 13k. Loved the look in the parking lot and couldn't walk away. It came with some ford racing upgrades (control arms, cat back exhaust).

ZgoaJrC.jpg

TT5JabA.jpg

Yeah thats winter tires boiz

First mod for a time was a insane subwoofer setup. 2K watts, single 18 ported 18, why not lol

2b3d6b.jpg

30ngi9g.jpg

After murdering my right ear drum, I sold off the equipment and decided I wanted to go faster someday.
Car has 138k miles, the build begins.
------------------------------------------------------

Take off low milage 3v heads (my valves were shot)
FRPP 60# Fuel Injectors M-9593-LU60
MMR 900SE 4.75 Rotating Assm. (fully forged)
Teksid Alum Block
ARP All Around
Billit Oil Gear
Ford HV Oil Pump
Teksid Mount Adapters
Prothane Motor Mounts
Innovators West 10% OD 8-Rib Balancer
8-Rib Pully Set for Conversion
DOB Stage III Supercharger Kit (minus the m122)
2.65 Pully
2013 2.3L TVS Supercharger
2013 GT500 Heat Exchanger
GT500 TB
123mm JLT CAI
New Water Pump
Set of new Mud Flaps (lol)
PLX DM-100 Multi-gauge
PLX Vac/Boost Sensor
PLX DM-6 Wideband A/F Gauge/sensor
Vent Pods
Mcleod RST + Steel Flywheel
GT500 TR6060 Transmission
GT500 Driveshaft
GT500 Blue Stripe Shifter (looks sick)
SLP Linelock Kit
Blue Painted Calipers
S&H Walboro 400 LPH FuelHat/Wire Upgrade Kit
KB BAP
Ford Timing Rebuild Kit
Brand new in box set of OEM blade 17's off craigslist!
M&H 275/50R17's + two 245/50zr17 Continental DWS fronts

Handfuls of MISC parts that end up costing too much money.

I know my way around an engine but I've never actually built one from the ground up. Not wanting to FUBAR a significant amount of money I decided to have a local guy do the work on assembling the engine.

I decided on the teksid block due to at the time not being able to find any reasonably priced 3v 05-09 blocks. This turned into a major pain in the ass as no simple swap is ever simple. Had to come up with thread adapters for knock sensors, had to take 3/8 off my stock motor mounts, had to drill a water flow hole in the block and had to shave off a section of the block for the adapter to clear on one side.

All that to save 300-350 bucks? No thanks not worth lol

Crank was slightly bent and had to get straightened.
Otherwise engine came together well.
My busy season really hit me hard at work and with running out of time I told the shop to just swap the engine. While they were down there they put the clutch/tranny in as well. No major issues.
I'll be starting on putting the supercharger on myself here soon.
Currently breaking it in, twin disk clutch took a little to get used to - doesn't grab until its about 75% of the way out. If I hit everything right no chatter. Only chatters when I shift like a dummy.
Hit 500 miles with the break in oil, going to do a change tomorrow.
Prob wont bother mounting the tires/wheels as no where to drive the car anytime soon. Thinking of going with LITO for the tune, seems more cost effective long term.

FUTURE PLANS:
E85? Return Fuel Setup ($$$)
VMP TB?
ID1000 Injectors?

That would round out the build entirely. But for now the car fund is at a solid 0 so any of that will have to wait. Would love to break 650 at the wheels without the e85 and vmp tb but idk if that will be possible.

Goals of build? Cool factor, being able to hang with all the newer cars in my area - love the look of the 05-09 body style and going to the drag strip sounds like a hell of a good time next year.

Well that wraps it up!

wtK6ggd.jpg

erWh2Aw.jpg

n2QDWiE.jpg

az6XhjN.jpg

5DBIud1.jpg

DXLZzTb.jpg

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Good Luck.. Will be following your build, take your time and enjoy:happythumbs:

Don't forget the timing section parts, I know FRPP has good pricing on the lash adjusters and follower kits, to bad the timing section kit doubled in price last year.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Good Luck.. Will be following your build, take your time and enjoy:happythumbs:

Don't forget the timing section parts, I know FRPP has good pricing on the lash adjusters and follower kits, to bad the timing section kit doubled in price last year.

haha thanks man. yeah I ended up spending way too much money ill tell you that lol turned into way more than I thought it would!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Jesus. The fuck with that sub? Lol

travelers

Reaction score
That's a hell of a build. Good luck with that. As for the knock sensors you could have just TIG the holes close and re taped them to what you needed.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Congrats on your build, Just wait until you bolt that SC on it will be whole different car! And yes I wouldn't hesitate to have Lito tune your new combo, he's only cheaper than the local guys since the economy is so effed up in his country, heck the exchange rate is like a zillion to one lol. He's a top notch tuner for sure,

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score

LMFAO i just laughed out loud in my chair.

Yeah so I used to take car audio pretty seriously as a hobby years ago. Just like drag racing times, there are lot of events where people compete for certain amounts of DB levels. I never actually competed but I designed some ridiculous systems for my old cars. Its not so much just being loud, its more about being loud while being.. low for me lol hence the enormous sub. Though depending on the design of the enclosure you can make some pretty nutty levels of volume off of some pretty small subs. There is A LOT of engineering behind it :)

Anyway, yeah, that system was enough that you couldn't actually really turn it up without ear plugs lol but feeling ur breath being taken away by a 30hz sound wave is something that everyone should have happen once in their life LOL

----------

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm so stoked to put everything together. Cars up on stands at the moment, going to install my wideband sensor. The only way to put it 36 inches away from the engine is to put it AFTER one of the cats so I hope that isn't a problem!

That's a hell of a build. Good luck with that. As for the knock sensors you could have just TIG the holes close and re taped them to what you needed.

Hm never thought of that. Welding aluminium can be kinda hairy sometimes. esp a casting

Congrats on your build, Just wait until you bolt that SC on it will be whole different car! And yes I wouldn't hesitate to have Lito tune your new combo, he's only cheaper than the local guys since the economy is so effed up in his country, heck the exchange rate is like a zillion to one lol. He's a top notch tuner for sure,

HAHA that makes sense. I'm bummed out that there will be snow on the ground though when I fire it up lol

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm so stoked to put everything together. Cars up on stands at the moment, going to install my wideband sensor. The only way to put it 36 inches away from the engine is to put it AFTER one of the cats so I hope that isn't a problem!

Why so far back? Putting it after the cat will change the reading. You just have know how much. But for my wideband the instructions say withing 18" of the collector. Usually the closer the better.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Why so far back? Putting it after the cat will change the reading. You just have know how much. But for my wideband the instructions say withing 18" of the collector. Usually the closer the better.

I think I misread the instructions in with the sensor then, I thought they said not to put any closer than 24 inches from the engine, maybe they mean it has to be within 24 inches.

I stopped reading after the sub part lol.

Hater's gun hate :whistle1:

So made some progress today, had a busy week wanted to do a lot more lol

vVY8Xj4.jpg

So the instructions call for a 15 degree angle on the sensor so I'm going to try and make my own bung that is on an angle then to achieve said 15 degrees.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well, made some progress today. I have the intake removed and a bunch of other things - ran into the supreme struggle with stuck radiator hoses. Not to mention this little gem - any suggestions on how to even get to this hose let alone get it pulled off? Haha. From underneath"?

mlhzTBS.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Channel locks and determination. Once the clamp is moved back the hose will take some determination but it will come off. You might want to work something between the hose and what it's connecting to. If that fails you can always order a new hose from rockauto and cut the current one. It doesn't have to come to that though.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Try to rotate it back and forth on the nipple with the channel locks until it breaks free, then you can work it off.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I managed to get the clamp off. But said fuck it to the hose since I was replacing with an 07+ hose and just cut it off the nipple

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back