Palanza's 06 GT Teksid Build lets goo

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got impatient and couldn't wait for a new hub for my S/C pully and I made one out of SS myself lol. I made it slightly longer and with about a 3 thou interference.

m4LXZLq.jpg

In other news, I sold a bunch of shit I didn't need on ebay to afford this bad boy
EdQ4AzC.jpg

Dynatech long tubes, full bassani 3 inch xpipe and 3 inch bassani axle backs

So my back pressure problems can officially fuck right off. I foresee myself having to have a custom H pipe built or some resonators welded in lol but only way to know will be to strap it all on and find out.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hah yup, fuck back pressure, wooo longtubes!

nice looking hub, hope it works for ya

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
hah yup, fuck back pressure, wooo longtubes!

nice looking hub, hope it works for ya

Thanks! Yeah I'm a little worried about it being too loud, but this shit is so subjective.. some people say this setup is too loud, others say its not too loud.. and no one seems capable of recording quality sounding exhaust clips on youtube. First thing I'm going to do is record some when its all done. If its too loud I'll try a custom H pipe, if thats too loud, I'm going to sell the car. The thought of taking these back off after the job of putting them on.. yeah..

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I know damn well my car is loud<atleast when i get the fucker running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

at cruise it isnt bad unless i have a headache.

cold startup though its hilariously loud sounding

and i hear you about instal/removing headers, im glad my engines gonna be coming out and i have plenty of room to re-install them.....lol

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
I know damn well my car is loud<atleast when i get the fucker running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

at cruise it isnt bad unless i have a headache.

cold startup though its hilariously loud sounding

and i hear you about instal/removing headers, im glad my engines gonna be coming out and i have plenty of room to re-install them.....lol

lol what exhaust u running?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
JBA longtubes, offroad H pipe, and some type of Ford branded mufflers, not 100% sure if stock, bullit, or what have you

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
JBA longtubes, offroad H pipe, and some type of Ford branded mufflers, not 100% sure if stock, bullit, or what have you

Yeah I had an offroad H pipe in with the stock headers and ford stingers. It was much louder but it wasn't too loud for me to deal with it. I've heard bad things about the ole X pipe thing so idk will have to see how I feel about that raspy sound.

In other news, I just noticed I don't see any exhaust hangers in the pics of this X pipe, thats concerning lol

Edit: Hey, how much boost do you typically lose when you shift? It seems that I instantly go to 0 psi when I let off the throttle. Should I not be pulling completely out of the throttle? I figured you would lose some when rpms drop but I can hear the valve open and poof, down to 0 and then climb back up quickly.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
My jba's had them, but they vibrated against the trans mount bolts and drove me insane, so I chopped them off

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Okay decided to grab a drive shaft safety loop and a WOT box, plus a replacement poly bushing kit. Any other little tid bits here or there I should consider? New poly bushings will hopefully tighten everything back up and give me less wheel hop.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Okay got the drag radials on. Holy. Shit. First gear feels like I'm strapped into a rocket. Yeah you can't really experience the full effect of your hp without a big tire. Wow man lol. Got an emissions tune in now to pass and then exhaust, hopefully back down to my smaller pully and nitrous kit/dyno!

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well failed emissions. Had a pending code. P0171. Cleaned maf, checked for vac leak, checked for exhaust leak. . Idk, going to get a new o2 sensor next.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Still trying to yak track down these codes. Both banks showing lean even after replacing passanger sensor. Put a different MAF in and afr still jumping everywhere. Going down highway. Looking at the voltage of the o2 sensors, it's going from .90 to .05 when the afr jumps and the car hesitates. No obvious vac leaks going to check again. Going to take maf sensor back and try fuel filter next I guess.

Also wtf my cat sensors say 1373 degrees that can't be correct right?

Edit 2: okay I've put enough propane gas into the engine bay to heat a home all winter and no idie drop, I really don't think there is a vac leak

Last edited:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
My O2 vary from min .078 to max of 2.0 Did you extend the wires on the O2s?

no they are still in factory locations, stock exhaust on at the moment. yeah mine are fluctuating from .05 to .90, when they do that I can feel the car shudder a little.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Are the O2s aftermarket or from Ford and how old are they

i just replaced the passanger side o2 with an aftermarket today, the drivers side is a little more of a pain in the ass, didnt bother with it yet, its probably still the original, car is an 06. Codes are for both sides though so thats why I figured it wasn't the o2 sensors.

Edit: Well I put in a new MAF sensor today. Drove it 85 miles so far, no codes. Could have been the maf, crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back