Part Out?

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Well looks like the 06 could be going up for sale soon. And honestly, I'm thinking about just leaving everything on it. I'll be selling it privately so I won't take as much of a hit on the parts. I would part it out, but I'm really thinking I don't want to mess with the headers... What are y'all thoughts on parting out? I know I'll always make more money back when parting out. But from y'alls experience, for a private sale is it worth the time and effort to take something like headers off?

Right now the only things on the car that would be worth me taking off are my foose wheels, C&L CAI, X3 tuner, ARH headers & O/R H, and Pioneer touchscreen.

By the way, I think a 67 will be replacing the 06!

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I would just part it out honestly. It's easier to take off headers than it is to install them. Anything you sell will just be extra money in your pocket.

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Sell it as stock as possible, and sell off all the mods seperately. Think of it as getting paid an hourly wage for the work it takes to get things back to stock haha

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Yep, I had a full bolt on car minus heads and I stripped it. Took a week but the money was definitely worth it. The dealership was not concerned with paying for the mods so off they came. They were sorry they let me demod it when they picked it up looking OEM. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Got ya, well looks like I'll bite the bullet and strip her down! What about wheels? Are you guys bothering with finding some stockers?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check Craigslist, usually you can find stockers locally on there cheap and then you don't have to worry about shipping.

xmalachi

forum member
Reaction score
Any suspension parts? PM me details about the Pioneer head unit! Thanks in advance.

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
I do have lowering springs and Koni shocks, but those will be staying on. I just don't wanna mess with them. The Pioneer unit is a 4300DVD has hardly been used at all. When its ready to come out I'll let you know.

Shoot if I had a way to get you the hood I'd sell it to you. Its amazing.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
i have stock parts and would do all the labor for you to swap out the suspension components as trade..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I do have lowering springs and Koni shocks, but those will be staying on. I just don't wanna mess with them. The Pioneer unit is a 4300DVD has hardly been used at all. When its ready to come out I'll let you know.

Shoot if I had a way to get you the hood I'd sell it to you. Its amazing.

i have stock parts and would do all the labor for you to swap out the suspension components as trade..

There ya go! stang389 JUMP on those springs and shocks!!!!!!:clap:

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Just to let everybody know, when the car gets back from the shop I'll be putting it up for sale on flebay. If I don't get a quick sale out of it, I'll part it out and try for a private sell.

Stang389, if you want the parts I have no problem letting you take them off.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I might be interested in the head unit also. Put me #2 on that list.

xmalachi

forum member
Reaction score
You can take me out of the head unit list, I ended up getting a AVH2400. Thanks though! Let me know if you want to get rid of that C&L + X3 for mega cheap ;) That's the easiest part to take off I think!

Back