Passed Texas Emmisions Today

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
My car passed Texas emissions today without issue. I am really happy considering it is a fairly highly modded car, big bore 302, ported heads, cams, long tubes, no cats, Paxton 2200, no VCT, bla bla bla. The amazing part is I dont have a special emissions tune or anything else to help the car pass, it actually showed all emmisions systems ready, they plugged in and bam it passed just like that. My concerns were all of the horror stories I had read on here, and people saying it was impossible to pass without cats, so I guess I now know that just isn't true and with a good tune emissions are no problem.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Technically you can't pass without cats. However many places forget (wink wink) to do the visual inspection.

Congrats and enjoy the car.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Hell, I have no cats and it showed up that they are "not ready"...you know, that one time I went to have my inspection done.

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
All counties in Texas dont do emissions, unless the laws have recently changed. I live in Travis (where they do), and I cant wait til we move to Hays (where they dont).

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We cant do emissions testing in some counties....
Mexico pollutes the air so bad no one would pass....as the air going in is bad.
Bad in bad out I always say! LOLOLOL

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Seems like a moot point to test. Yet So. Ca does it anyway.:dead2:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
That's because the people in southern cali are more stingy than the air quality there. All that smug..

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Technically you can't pass without cats. However many places forget (wink wink) to do the visual inspection.

Congrats and enjoy the car.

I am aware that technically you can't pass, but many here don't look because they believe that if you don't cats the computor will catch it, and obiviously that isn't the case. I always go to the same people who are car guys, they may look the other way when it comes to the visual inspection, but will not cheat to help you pass the OBDII test.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am aware that technically you can't pass, but many here don't look because they believe that if you don't cats the computor will catch it, and obiviously that isn't the case. I always go to the same people who are car guys, they may look the other way when it comes to the visual inspection, but will not cheat to help you pass the OBDII test.

was this an obdII test that you passed?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
What county are you in that they sniff test?
When I bought my Cobra, they saw it had no cats but didn't care lol

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
was this an obdII test that you passed?

Yes it was an OBDII test, I only commented on this because after having read all the emmisions threads lately I figured there was no way mine would ever show all of the emissions related systems as ready. To my relief however the car is inspected and good to go for another year.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yes it was an OBDII test, I only commented on this because after having read all the emmisions threads lately I figured there was no way mine would ever show all of the emissions related systems as ready. To my relief however the car is inspected and good to go for another year.

I guess I am lucky. Here you need brakes, lights and a horn. LOL

Oh, and $17.00 !

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
I recently passed with no cats, I was pretty worried about it so I put it off until I got a ticket for expired inspection. The guy did a double take when he looked under the car but didn't fail me. The test was only visual though, no sniffer.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I guess I am lucky. Here you need brakes, lights and a horn. LOL

Oh, and $17.00 !

Agreed you are lucky, unfortunately I live close enough to Houston that we are held to the same standards as Harris County. I have considered registering the car elsewhere but don't feel like dealing with the hasle plus if mine will pass here why bother.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I recently passed with no cats, I was pretty worried about it so I put it off until I got a ticket for expired inspection. The guy did a double take when he looked under the car but didn't fail me. The test was only visual though, no sniffer.

All I can say to them would be good luck trying to look under my car as it sits way to low to be able to see under it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back