Paxton MT82 car - Lund vs AED

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Why all the sarcasm? I have a paxton sitting in my living room that I'm installing Wednesday and I'm just looking for some legitimate feedback from paxton/vortech owners. I'll be running the 3.6 pulley (came with the kit) instead of the 3.8, so the safer tune will probably be my choice since I don't have a waste gate setup.

I had decided on Lund, but after a lot of googling AED seems like a great choice too. Guess they are probably both pretty close.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Did you try to search? You know there is a thread dedicated to the Paxton setup that has a lot of useful information.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why all the sarcasm? I have a paxton sitting in my living room that I'm installing Wednesday and I'm just looking for some legitimate feedback from paxton/vortech owners. I'll be running the 3.6 pulley (came with the kit) instead of the 3.8, so the safer tune will probably be my choice since I don't have a waste gate setup.

I had decided on Lund, but after a lot of googling AED seems like a great choice too. Guess they are probably both pretty close.

Where does AED go for tune help.... LR.....

who tunes the fastest cars....... LR

/thread

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Actually... I forgot that Shaun did the call to that guys work and tried to get him fired lol... Lund it is.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
And 07TGGT I tried to search, didn't find a thread like that though. I'll keep looking, always looking for info etc.

I don't even know what kind of power a non-gated 3.6 pulley puts down. Beefcake said it's fine for stock block, but that I should delete the cats to lower boost for sure. Still need to get a mid pipe I guess but I'll do that soon.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You'll lower boost a little by going catless but you're going to pick up some power as well. If you're worried about damaging the engine, leave the cats in.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
One will blow your #8 and blame it on you with douchebaggery customer service and one will get you fired. You pick.

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
I'm self-employed, so I had Shaun at AED tune my Paxton car. It runs fine.

In all seriousness, AED was the closest, geographically, and I wanted the car tuned in-person. I guess I'm just getting old but this e-mail tune stuff leaves me a little uneasy. I'm sure Lund or any one of a few others are more than capable as well.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I have had zero complaints with Lund's support. All the questions I've asked have been answered within an hour. On the other hand, a friend of mine has a brembo '13 GT with 3.73 just like mine. He has an AED tune.....that car is WAY slower than mine....by like 5 mph and a second in the quarter. Some of it is driver....but the trap speed isn't even there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back