PI triple disk convertor and TCI input shaft for 5r55

my06GT

Reaction score
Convertor is a 3500 stall. These parts have less than 5k miles on them. Selling because going to a 4r70 in the car. These are for a friend but I can vouch for them. Any question shoot me a pm or email at [email protected]

Asking $725 for the pair

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Help me understand how this stall and convertor works. I understand the basics but with the bigger stall I am not sure. So is that stall too big for daily driving? 3500 seems high but IDK. What about launching at the drags? Realistically how high can I bring up my rpms on the brakes with no transbrake? I have heard that having a high stall without a transbrake can hurt your reaction times since you cannot bring the rpms up high enough against the stall. Takes a time for them to wind up and launch. Is this accurate?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not the OP but I can tell you that this converter would be good for your setup. 3500 is not much different then stock for daily driving, it's not like it goes to 3500 before the car moves. My converter is a 3800 stall and it drives just fine. I have street driven 5000 stall converters before. You would barley notice it's there until you stomp on it.

You should be able to foot brake to about 2400-2700 with this converter, a little more if you use the parking brake also at the line. It doesn't take long to wind up at launch. As soon as you release the brakes and floor the throttle, the engine should go to about 3800 and you are gone. This converter should cut at least .5 off your ET.

If you get this converter, you will need to have your tuner make adjustments to the transmission functions in your tune, to really take advantage of it.

Last edited:

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Is the converter less than 2 years old and has he used the one time free stall adjustment PI offers? And if not would he be willing to do it for someone. This may help you sell this.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

Reaction score
Help me understand how this stall and convertor works. I understand the basics but with the bigger stall I am not sure. So is that stall too big for daily driving? 3500 seems high but IDK. What about launching at the drags? Realistically how high can I bring up my rpms on the brakes with no transbrake? I have heard that having a high stall without a transbrake can hurt your reaction times since you cannot bring the rpms up high enough against the stall. Takes a time for them to wind up and launch. Is this accurate?

You will notice slightly that the car drives at a higher rpm on the street, but thats a good thing. And once its in overdrive and the converter locks up, it drives just like it did before so gas mileage will not suffer on the hwy. The car doesn't hunt for gears anymore and winds up nice and fast into the powerband. Best thing I ever did to my auto. And yes it took right about .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile e.t. I have a 3400 stall btw. And this is a great price for both of those parts.

my06GT

Reaction score
Is the converter less than 2 years old and has he used the one time free stall adjustment PI offers? And if not would he be willing to do it for someone. This may help you sell this.

He had it restalled last year. So it would cost to get it re-stalled.

You will notice slightly that the car drives at a higher rpm on the street, but thats a good thing. And once its in overdrive and the converter locks up, it drives just like it did before so gas mileage will not suffer on the hwy. The car doesn't hunt for gears anymore and winds up nice and fast into the powerband. Best thing I ever did to my auto. And yes it took right about .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile e.t. I have a 3400 stall btw. And this is a great price for both of those parts.

Thanks for the reply, before my car became what it is one of my first mods was a 3500 convertor one of the best things I did to the 5R55.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I know you all will think I'm nuts but I am not really looking for a better ET. I am looking for a better RT against the Pro Tree. I have been told that a higher stall will actually hurt my RTs but improve my ETs. How many passes can you get out of a stall? I make 75-100 passes a year on my car.

85GT 7.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I know you all will think I'm nuts but I am not really looking for a better ET. I am looking for a better RT against the Pro Tree. I have been told that a higher stall will actually hurt my RTs but improve my ETs. How many passes can you get out of a stall? I make 75-100 passes a year on my car.
Who told you that a stall would not help your reaction times and what were their reason? I would like to here their explaination

ToMorrow44

Reaction score

Yeah that's not 100% true. I went through this same thing myself after I put the stall converter in. The first few passes I was cutting .184 lights, awful, and I couldn't figure out why. Well I was trying to launch it at either idle or a low rpm like with the stock converter, and it took a little extra time for the converter to spool up and launch. Once I figured that out, I footbraked it harder to bring the rpm up higher against the converter and the thing launched great. I was cutting .020s after that.

Theres no limit to how many passes you can get out of a stall. Especially this converter that he's selling, its a triple disk so you'll never have a problem with the lockup clutch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back