Triple Disk Converter - HARD Lockup?

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run at Bandimere. We don't know what great air is. Hell, we barely know what air is. We get excited when the DA goes below 7000.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Made 2 passes with it last night before test and tune got rained out. I was shifting it at 5900, still working out the tune and trying to learn how to launch it with the new converter.

Even shifting at 5900 and bogging the launches, it went 11.6 @ 119! Pretty happy with it - can't wait to get back and spin it to 6400. Best 60' was only 1.70, too.

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's that compare to, on your non-lockup tune?

I'm going to try to get out to Bandi Sunday, for the last day of racing for the season. Next weekend they are going to do test n tune days, but only if it's above 50 degrees.
Last year, on the last day of racing, it was only 38, and they would only let us run an eighth-mile :(

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
What's that compare to, on your non-lockup tune?

These were my first passes with the new converter and trans - haven't really had time to try different tunes with these parts. I was comparing them against my old runs with the factory converter.

Hoping to get more runs in next time out. I think I'm going to try unlocking the converter in the first half of 4th, too. We'll see. Even though the rain and delays sucked last night, man it felt good going down the track again (and driving home on a weeknight at 11:30 PM - highways had ZERO traffic - yeah, it was fun).

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know how unlocking the converter for the first part of 4th goes for ya......I have been contemplating this as well. feel like when it locks on the shift to 4th it hurts the car some b/c rpms are not up enuff/my car is under powered

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know how unlocking the converter for the first part of 4th goes for ya......I have been contemplating this as well. feel like when it locks on the shift to 4th it hurts the car some b/c rpms are not up enuff/my car is under powered

Exactly my thinking too!

Can't get to the track this week (Saturday test and tune and I have to go to a fucking wedding - and a 'dry' wedding at that) - but hopefully the week after I'll be able to make more then 2 passes and do some experimenting.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly my thinking too!

Can't get to the track this week (Saturday test and tune and I have to go to a fucking wedding - and a 'dry' wedding at that) - but hopefully the week after I'll be able to make more then 2 passes and do some experimenting.
cool deal man just keep us up to date

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back