pistons

5.SLOW

Reaction score
looking for a set of 3v pistons with close to 11 to 1 compression. got boss 302 rods and now looking for some pistons to make my little 3v run a little better lol.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
looking for a set of 3v pistons with close to 11 to 1 compression. got boss 302 rods and now looking for some pistons to make my little 3v run a little better lol.

You can run Manley flat tops with the stock heads and be at 10.5:1 and mill the heads from there. That's what I did to get mine to 12:1.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a set of forged, .020 over Mahle 11 to 1 with matching pins and rings new in the box. pm me if interested

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
you got the number by chance 05stroker

No, because I removed a lot of material around the intake valves. You would need to CC the combustion chamber, then remove some material and then re check. You could get close by using a compression calculator on Wallace Racing.com and decreasing the head gasket thickness, but that won't be exact.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
interesting post, did you have to notch the flat tops for the 3v?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
anyone changing up yet lol
Not sure what you mean...

interesting post, did you have to notch the flat tops for the 3v?

No, the 3v's have clearance for days. Even with my milled heads and flat tops. Of course that is with everything running correctly. With my 560 lift cams it will hit if you rotate the crank with the timing chains off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back