RaffyTaffy

Reaction score
I bought an 06' 4.0 Convertible in Windveil Blue and I have to replace the rear bumper and repaint the front one. I'm buying the rear bumper unpainted so my questions are: Could I plasti-dip the bumpers? Will it be cheaper? Is it going to look good?

I've also thought about dipping the whole car but I'm not sure about that one yet.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I'd google/youtube plasti-dip paint jobs. Donut on Youtube had a pretty good video on doing plasti-dip to paint a car on their Hi/Low series, not easy. Dip Your Car has some good instructional videos too, but Hi/Low is probably a lot closer to how the average guy would do on their first try

They screwed it up bad enough that it was hurting DYC's business so they tried it again and got better results:

Problems with Plasti-dip are it's going to give you a rough texture, it's soft (so it'll peel easy), and while they've got a lot of colors available, they're not going to have a match for windveil.

brford

Reaction score
I bought an '06 Vista Blue GT Convertible from Copart (PA salvage). I was able to find a new nose, left front quarter and hood in Vista Blue from salvage yards with 200 miles of my place. I had the frame checked and replaced the radiator support. No one can tell the parts I replaced. And I believe those parts were (much) less expensive than aftermarket.

13v6

Reaction score
I'd say go for it. If you're adventurous in your designs, you could plasti-dip the bumpers in a contrasting color from the car. Green might work but that's up to you. As for texture, with some practice, it can come out pretty smooth. Not like paint but still, pretty smooth. It's easier to do touch-ups on too. Don't just start spaying but take the time to learn how to do it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back