Polish Angel! OH SNAP Shine!!!

28ONE

Reaction score
No way, not in that Louisiana heat lol - be sweating like a Hebrew slave

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Can you go into detail how you applied the kamikaze overcoat. Wet/dry. Any effect on trim?

28ONE

Reaction score

This is a great to apply right after washing. If you don't want to apply wet, dry the vehicle then spray Overcoat onto a panel and buff off. I use 2 MF towels, one to spread and the other to buff off. Similar process when using a quick detailer except in this case, the paint is clean - no dust or dirt on the surface - hope this helps...

Edit: I don't use Overcoat on the trim but if you get some on there, it won't hurt it...

Last edited:

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Well if i can get the wizard spray and shine cleaned off the pa finish. Im in!!

28ONE

Reaction score
Fyi, I find its much better applying Overcoat using the dry method - more even coverage - dont wanna waste this stuff at $70 a bottle...

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Car looks great !!! I didn't read all 12 pages, hope there was no issues. Keep up the great work!

Just curious if you have used any other high end waxes and how they compare to polish angel.

28ONE

Reaction score
Car looks great !!! I didn't read all 12 pages, hope there was no issues. Keep up the great work!

Just curious if you have used any other high end waxes and how they compare to polish angel.

No issues at all with application - in fact the easiest coating I've ever applied. I have a couple of Polish Angel waxes but haven't had time to apply any of them. What I love about a coated car - especially black - doesn't attract as much dust and stays cleaner...

The one wax I'm intrigued by is the Infinity Wax - Carnauba & Silica content. For looks most will say a car with a couple coats of a high end wax will look better than a coated car - that may be true but these glass coatings are quickly catching up...

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just old school, but nothing beats waxing the car on an early Sunday morning for me. That's one reason why I prefer not to have coats, or anything really, that lasts too long. I like the idea of a sealant for the winter topped with a wax but for the summer I don't mind giving her more attention. She also sits in the garage so dust is her only enemy.

If you haven't already tried it, I use CG's Mr Pink for routine dust maintenance. Super mega delicate on the paint, super slick lubrication. Definitely won't strip anything. Great for just getting that layer of dust off. I use it in between each step of detailing to remove residue too.

28ONE

Reaction score
I hear ya, there's great therapy in that! I just don't have as much time anymore - plus mine is a dd...

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Ha. I felt so guilty neglecting my DD that I change my whole weekend plans to get it done. Wife wasn't too thrilled.

Even more kudos since its your DD!!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
0oxibEk.jpg

Bout to git seeeeerrrrrrrious up on this BLACK s550!!!!!!:buffer:

28ONE

Reaction score
You're about to lose some serious weight applying Cosmic in that heat box of a garage - but when you're done watch out! :drool2:

2011/5.0

Reaction score
After i get my f150 done (speed) I'm going to try the polish angel viking system to see how that holds up to a iowa winter Rupes mini on its way

sonicstang14

Reaction score
I think this thread has me sold on Polish Angel. My question is how abrasive is the primer? Car is a black 2014 with what i would call some light scratches/swirls and water spots. Will i need to compound the car first or will the primer remove everything? Here's a quick cellphone pic

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Probably depends on the buffer and pad size you choose. I just finished my dd focus with the viking coat for winter has some pretty nice gloss also
a8bbb3e20e41dac12081a127c39ac1e6.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back