Possible to have fog lights with high beams?

kstall

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to mod the fog lights so they are on with low and high beams?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Im only aware of a hack. Requires a jumper wire soldered to the SJB circuit board (the clean way).
Or, you can just bypass the SJB externally. Take the wire from the foglight switch, and connect it to the wire going to the foglamp relay from the SJB.
There maybe an SJB programming hack with Forscan, but I am not sure. I could not even find a way to disable bulb out detection. (for LED taillight bulbs)

kstall

Reaction score
We dont have inspections here. Sounds like it would be a lot of trouble to fool with?

07 Boss

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I wanted to turn my fog lights on. In fact my fog light switch currently turns on my headlights. Was a roadside repair that I never have looked into fixing, lol. Been like that for at least a year.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Fog lights, ditch lights, light bars are for 4-wheelers. For your sporty 'stang, invest in a set of quality LEDs or HIDs & they'll be night/day over stock.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I suppose you could wire in a relay from the headlight high beam wire and rewire the positive leads for the fogs to that instead of the OEM connection. It may also be possible to install a separate switch and relay to control them individually from the headlights.

As others have mentioned it would be illegal in most states. Having said that, I’ve added aftermarket fog and driving lights to other cars and never been pulled over. California does not do routine vehicle inspections (except for emissions) however. If your state has those it might be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Was able to change it with Forscan on my 17 Fusion Sport, but that architecture is closer to the S550's me thinks. I didn't seem to be able to do much with Forscan on my non premuim S197.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Was able to change it with Forscan on my 17 Fusion Sport, but that architecture is closer to the S550's me thinks. I didn't seem to be able to do much with Forscan on my non premuim S197.
There were two items in the SJB that I found useful.
I was after bulb out detection after installing LED taillamp bulbs. Had to resort to resistors to get rid of hyperflash.
So yea, not much user config options.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I suppose you could wire in a relay from the headlight high beam wire and rewire the positive leads for the fogs to that instead of the OEM connection. It may also be possible to install a separate switch and relay to control them individually from the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The above 2 x methods both work. The 2nd method works better, then the fog lights are totally independent of the headlights.

Stoenr

forum member
Reaction score
There was a relay kit I bought for mine, but that was 10 years or so ago, don't recall where I got it from. Was easy install tho.

AztroRover

Reaction score
My mustang came with my fogs that come on with a separate switch. Apparently the previous owner purchased an aftermarket fog light kit off amazon and wired it in but simply wired it directly to the fogs in the grill. Now my stock fog switch does nothing but reaching under the dash there is another switch that turns them on or off and it was wired to turn on and off with the key turned on and turn off when the car is off. So I leave them as DRL lights. I only found out because when I bought it I tried turning them on using the pull on the light switch -nothing happened. Then I hunted down the issue, I thought it was a fuse or something... nope a total separate wiring up and switch. I thought of returning it to factory then thought -I like them on all the time (LED Bulbs)... again there is a switch under the dash to turn them off if I want.

VGMStudios

Reaction score
You can't turn on Bambi mode with forscan. I've tried. Only way to do it is wiring it physically.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back