Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I've probably used about 2 boxes of dynamat so far. A box weighs about 15lbs so 30lbs total. I'm not one to really care about the weight of my car since it really is just a cruiser and I care about refinement more than anything (which is a tall order on a 05-09 S197 lol). Currently at highway cruising it is quiet after I did the entire floor from pedal assembly to the trunk.

I just want to reduce interior sound, generated from the engine, during light to moderate acceleration. Doing the firewall is probably the next course of action along with more insulation around the trans tunnel.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Ha, yeah 05-09 and refinement definitely do not go together. It's actually that very reason I love this car, but... I could go without the excessive road noise. 30lbs for two boxes doesn't sound bad, I may go that route. Thanks.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Deja Vu

53341629d6950c86b23c95c5e51b7210.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So Cam, why the backtracking? Was the GT500 engine too heavy for the car or was there some other problem?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Holy octopus lower radiator hose!
How much does that fucker go for? A couple hundred bucks? Damn ...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So Cam, why the backtracking? Was the GT500 engine too heavy for the car or was there some other problem?

Header, camshaft and blower install. Just makes it easier.

Holy octopus lower radiator hose!
How much does that fucker go for? A couple hundred bucks? Damn ...

Let's say Ford is very proud of that web of hoses and the thermostat housing. Lol

Pulled the dash out too. Pulling everything behind the Evap box to expose the firewall and install a layer of dynamat and raamat foam deadening

199387c9f4cc8d1deb56ecd2fdfe7427.jpg

As I left it today.

bd5b6dba3ffbbaad1ab63174feedfd9b.jpg

Last edited:

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky you to have a dealership shop to do your work, going be nice ride when your done with this phase of mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Is that an old in-ground hydraulic lift?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Is that an old in-ground hydraulic lift?

Sure is. Our last one out of 30 plus bays. Works pretty good for being 43 years old.

Lucky you to have a dealership shop to do your work, going be nice ride when your done with this phase of mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it is convenient lol. I'm very excited.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Cam, is it actually YOU doing the wrenching or a tech?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Gabe, I believe Cam is doing all the wrenching himself. I believe it's a matter of pride to build it himself, not just have men on daddy's payroll do it for him. He may ask for advice but he's got way too much of his heart and soul in this build to let someone else wrench on it.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Cam, is it actually YOU doing the wrenching or a tech?

Gabe, I believe Cam is doing all the wrenching himself. I believe it's a matter of pride to build it himself, not just have men on daddy's payroll do it for him. He may ask for advice but he's got way too much of his heart and soul in this build to let someone else wrench on it.

Brian is correct. I've done all the work on this project.

For heavy lifting and troubleshooting my mentor (and close friend), Dan, helps. He is the one responsible for teaching me what I know on cars so I owe a lot to him for my knowledge on this stuff. That being said, I never have enough pride to not ask for help - All of our techs enjoy being part of this project and I like getting others involved. I'm no master technician by any means so I won't pretend to wear the hat of one. But - I leave many of our MT's scratching their head when they've seen how I've stitched this Frankenstein-esque machine together. Lol

Now-a-days I don't have much time since I work on the administrative side of things between our 3 stores, but I've been taking off Saturdays and fitting in some work on the week days just to accommodate this build.

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Sure is. Our last one out of 30 plus bays. Works pretty good for being 43 years old.

Yeah, it is convenient lol. I'm very excited.
Cool. I've got a buddy that had one in his old race shop that we used for a while back in the day when I helped him on the cars. Unfortunately we had to stop using it because it got "jumpy" and nearly launched his late model through the ceiling lol
I always wondered how safe they were in regards to being able to lock them from dropping?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Cool. I've got a buddy that had one in his old race shop that we used for a while back in the day when I helped him on the cars. Unfortunately we had to stop using it because it got "jumpy" and nearly launched his late model through the ceiling lol
I always wondered how safe they were in regards to being able to lock them from dropping?

The main reason they were legislated out of existence is because of contamination issues. All the oil is in the lift below ground and when (not if) there is a leak it simply goes into the ground. There is no way to fix it without pulling the entire thing out of the ground so leaky lifts get used for decades just by adding more oil whenever they get low.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I need fender aprons like those. I bet Steve @ Tasca could get them.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you are making some good headway cam! Just out of curiosity, did you paint those cam covers? I didn't recall them being grey before and look pretty awesome like that!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
They were originally rattle canned blue ones but I just took them off and got them redone in grey. I have another set being powdercoated in speedway grey to match my wheels. They won't look much different but just a glossy finish and more metallic so they pop more.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back