purchase from forum member

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
just turns out to be disappointment.

I watched the tracking for a few days and finally I see that the package had been delivered. When I open the box there were several pieces of the assembly missing that rendered it useless.

To make things worse I specifically asked the guy to be sure "all" parts were shipped as I had recently sold an item and everytime I went to tape the box up I found something else that I had nearly missed. I eventually got "everything" that came in the original packaging and got shipped off. I was happy (got the money) and buyer was happy cause he got the complete assembly. I guess the thing that is make this suck so much is that I asked and was assured that all parts would be shipped, even though I had to wait an extra day before item was shipped, even though the guy had the money thru paypal on Saturday. Seems to me any problems could have been handled on Sunday and package could have been shipped on Monday as seller said it would be.

Getting mods for my car is like Christmas time (as I am sure you all know).
so it was a bummer it didn't get shipped on agreed day and then several parts were missing.

I have since pm'd seller (Friday) asking that the remaining parts be shipped. This is to give the seller the opportunity to "make good" on his sell.

sorry for long post..........just kind of burns my butt.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This forum is all about accountability (most of the time), so I say call him out and let the membership decide his fate. Or yours.

:stir:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
who sold it. and what did you buy? If your not going to give out that info, then this thread should be closed..

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I say give the anonamous member a chance to make it right first.

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
This forum is all about accountability (most of the time), so I say call him out and let the membership decide his fate. Or yours.

:stir:
the only thing I can say about my fate would be not purchase anymore items off this forum

I say give the anonamous member a chance to make it right first.

Exactly why I have called a name. Unlike some who would immediately throw you to the wolves (which are those here that only contribute their caustic comments) . I don't hear from the guy today, I will give name and details

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't too "caustic" for you, however, this seams more like a threat to the member than a legit beef. If you still believe that the deal could be handled to your satisfaction, you should never have mentioned it. If it's beyond that point, you should have let all of your bullets fly.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't too "caustic" for you, however, this seams more like a threat to the member than a legit beef. If you still believe that the deal could be handled to your satisfaction, you should never have mentioned it. If it's beyond that point, you should have let all of your bullets fly.

+1^^

duece05

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks for your suggestion

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion

One disclaimer though... A couple of times in the recent past I've sided with the person that did the original complaining and I later learned they were full of shit. Those threads turned into IFCs (now blocked) so I can't point you to one.

:idea: Hell, in one case, both parties were full of shit. Isn't that right fellas? Hint: Donkey Periods + Tube Tops = ???

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
One disclaimer though... A couple of times in the recent past I've sided with the person that did the original complaining and I later learned they were full of shit. Those threads turned into IFCs (now blocked) so I can't point you to one.

:idea: Hell, in one case, both parties were full of shit. Isn't that right fellas? Hint: Donkey Periods + Tube Tops = ???

okay, you be the judge, if you purchase an intake, and aske the seller to be sure "everything is there when he ships it", would you at least expect the freakin rubber boot that connects the intake to the throttle body to be there, screws that hold the MAF sensor in (which were 10-32 so neither the stock screws or the airaid screws wouldn't work, support bracket for the air dam that surrounds the filter and the hose going to pcv valve. I was expecting everything that came in the original kit.

you be the judge

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the only thing I can say about my fate would be not purchase anymore items off this forum

I have four comments about this statement.

1 - See this post

2 - This board has several thousand members. There is a large population of those several thousand members who have either bought, sold, or done both through the classified section of the board. Many have done it multiple times without incident. For you to say for people to not purchase items from the classified section of the board is a bit childish.

3 - To the best of my knowledge you have not contacted any of the administrators or moderators of the board to discuss this and see if they perhaps might be able to play mediator to help you get the situation straightened out

4 - See my first point.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
okay, you be the judge, if you purchase an intake, and aske the seller to be sure "everything is there when he ships it", would you at least expect the freakin rubber boot that connects the intake to the throttle body to be there, screws that hold the MAF sensor in (which were 10-32 so neither the stock screws or the airaid screws wouldn't work, support bracket for the air dam that surrounds the filter and the hose going to pcv valve. I was expecting everything that came in the original kit.

you be the judge

If you can't work it out with the guy, that's what the itrader ratings are for. If you have a legit complaint, call him out and let him explain himself. It's not fair to other members on here if they are scared to deal with each other because they are worried about getting jipped.

I probably wouldn't lose it over the screws, but not getting the rubber elbow would certainly warrant a "WTF?!?".

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

you be the judge
I'd expect whatever is pictured in the post. Did you PM him and ask what was included? I see you sent him one to be sure everything is included, but did he reply and say that it would? If so, I'd expect everything that a new kit comes with.

How about a link to his post? After searching, I don't see any posts for an Air Raid intake recently.

Last edited:

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
If you can't work it out with the guy, that's what the itrader ratings are for. If you have a legit complaint, call him out and let him explain himself. It's not fair to other members on here if they are scared to deal with each other because they are worried about getting jipped.

I probably wouldn't lose it over the screws, but not getting the rubber elbow would certainly warrant a "WTF?!?".

To be clear it is not the "plastic elbow" that is missing it is the rubber boot that goes between the elbow and the throttle body.

I gathered up enough shit to make it work, will mark his I-trader accordingly and that should protect the other board members from getting burned.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back