Question about wiring under Sil Panels in doors

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Christmas eve, we had some flash flooding in our area and my car took in some water (only saturated the carpets on the inside).
Long story short, the car is at a dealership and they believe that all the wiring should be fine considering where the water level came too....

However, because the water came into the car from the bottom of the door jams, my concern is any wiring that may run along the door sill panels or under the carpet.

I don't have the car with me so I can't go look and I can't find a good diagram on the web of what wiring runs where in the car - but I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to get them to replace or guarantee their work on.

Anyone know of or have direction to information of what wiring runs from front to back at that level in the 2011?

I appreciate any constructive info.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As long as you haven't spliced into any of the wiring under the sills I would think it should be ok. I would pull all the terminal plugs under the seats and spray them with silicone spray, wd-40 or something. Are they replacing the carpet?

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
As long as you haven't spliced into any of the wiring under the sills I would think it should be ok. I would pull all the terminal plugs under the seats and spray them with silicone spray, wd-40 or something. Are they replacing the carpet?

I found a good wiring diagram...so disregard the original post.

Yeah, all the carpet has been pulled. The engine is having to be replaced because I hit a puddle and it sucked up a crap load of water hydrolocking the motor.
Transmission and rear has been flushed as well.

I was in the car the whole time and the water level was just enough to let water creep in at the bottom of the doors.
When I popped the hood a couple of hours after this happened, everything looked dry and normal....but when I pulled the air filter and looked down the intake tube.....it was saturated.

Motor is shot, but they're putting in a brand new one in....so....was planning on keeping the car, so hopefully I won't ever have to plan on selling it with the carfax reading "water damage" :rolleyes:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back