Quick cutout question

Cmarris

Reaction score
I recently have had a set of eletric cutouts installed, the shop put them in before the h-pipe pretty close to the cats. When ope. They don't sound bad at idle or high rpm, but low and mid rpm isn't too great. Get that open header tractor V8 sound. Another exhust shop said it would sound much better if they put in an xpipe and put the cutouts after the x. Is that true? I do like the sounnd of these cars with x pipes, I know some people do and some don't. Just wanted some opinions if putting the cutouts after an xpipe would make any difference to then being right after the cats

wdavid531

Reaction score
I recently have had a set of eletric cutouts installed, the shop put them in before the h-pipe pretty close to the cats. When ope. They don't sound bad at idle or high rpm, but low and mid rpm isn't too great. Get that open header tractor V8 sound. Another exhust shop said it would sound much better if they put in an xpipe and put the cutouts after the x. Is that true? I do like the sounnd of these cars with x pipes, I know some people do and some don't. Just wanted some opinions if putting the cutouts after an xpipe would make any difference to then being right after the cats

I had a set of electric cutouts on my 06 and I installed them after the xpipe. I thought it sounded great but everyone has their own opinion.
e6b8bd60b9b8e28f6f307cc28189e57e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
After the x pipe would be the same setup of nascar stock cars. I would like to do this and have the cutout pipes continue after the x to exit out the sides in front of the back wheels. Open cutout - no mufflers. Closed cutouts - mufflers. No cats for both :)

Cmarris

Reaction score
Well the guy at the shop didn't like the idea of the cutouts hanging so low if they were furthur back. So he welded another hpipe crossover ahead of the cutouts and it fixed the problem, car sounds awesome now. Should hold me over till I get a place furthur out and do l/t's and off-road xpipe

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
the boss 302 cars have the side exit outlets right before the X pipe from the factory.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back