Quote for built engine...Good?

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
That may look like a better alternative...I thought it would be cheaper to just rebuild mine, but its looking like a no-go....And i like the fact I can sell my original block to recoup some $$$

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Probe Ind. SRS Pistons- Ford 4.6 (3V) dish top-5.0cc, forged 2618-t61 aluminum. Bore size 3.552,1.5mm top and 2nd ring, 3.0mm oil ring. 8cylinder set
$523.99T

That is a 10.5:1 piston. You can't use that with a blower unless you're on E85.​

In my opinion, the machine work and s/b assembly is way high.
No, it isn't. Unless you take your shit to Bob's Pretty Good Grindin' Shop & Bait Store.

The engine install at $1000 is high too but I know alot of shops charge that much for that. This is my opinion, i'm sure others may vay.
To completely R&R the engine in an S197? Seriously? How deep is that rabbit hole, Alice?

Couple of things to think about:

*Main cap side bolts are TTY. I never, ever rebuild a modular without replacing these. The stretch encountered is huge after 2-3 torquings which you're sure to hit if the mains are being honed. $175-ish
* Where are main and rod bearings? Yeah...what he said.
* Where are head and exhaust gaskets? Yeah....
* Where is oil and filter? And coolant and plugs?
* Now's a good time to upgrade to the GT500 pump with billet gears
* No upgrade to a forged crank? not necessary but a personal preference

R&R is pretty reasonable IMHO. So is the machine work if they're doing it all right...ours usually come in around $1800-2000 for everything the way I like to have it done.
Hi, Jeff. :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back