Rear Tire question?

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
None of you guys even helped this guy he is not asking about wheels. He wants to know about backspace on tire geesh cant you guys read, It says rear tire question.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved to tires and wheels

Learn how to search. I'm sure this has been covered numerous times.

From the sticky:

Common Offsets
9" - +24 to +45
9.5" - +30 to +45
10" - +36 to +51
10.5" - +42 to +57
11" - +59 or greater

Backspacing = (Wheel width/2) + (offset/2.54)

None of you guys even helped this guy he is not asking about wheels. He wants to know about backspace on tire geesh cant you guys read, It says rear tire question.

Fail.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You fail. You obviously didn't get the joke about it being a backspace question on a tire.

Ha! Fuck! Sorry 07graygt!

Gulp gulp!

eating-crow_zps633efa6a.jpg

JONJON

Reaction score
Wow I did not catch that until now, I meant rear wheel question. Oh well I do have a legit question is it worth getting the 10" wheel over the 8"? It is a street/strip car but I care about my times more than being comfortable.Thanks

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Ok so what is the forum for then? First I saw the sticky but he did not talk about the wheels size I am looking for? So I came here got 7 answers and no help... I would love to see if any of you would act so smart in front of me. Hell I will pay you to come down to south Fl I see one of you is not to far

Shoot me the funds and I'll teach you how to use the search function in person (be sure to include my wages for time missed at work, expenses, etc as well).

Last edited:

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
JonJon...

Can't repeat enough, you have to have a thicker skin in these parts...

There is a lot of experience amongst the forum members.

They do not want tons of clutter. Plus, it saves the time of waiting for answers, if you do the 'search'. Some threads are much older, but most elements have been covered.

JONJON

Reaction score
Ok I get the whole search first thing and I also have thick skin but everyone saying a stupid comment when it was my first post was not called for. If it was explained I would have got it. Anyways I have searched and can not find my the answer for my question. No matter I will just get the 10" wheels and get the relocation brackets.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For fucks sake

U saw this thread?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13158

And missed this post?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=720517&highlight=15x10#post720517

Gotta make an effort

Read our rules, learn this board first, then post. Don't care for how we work, use this please, S197 Rocks

seriously??? :thud: /\

Ok I get the whole search first thing and I also have thick skin but everyone saying a stupid comment when it was my first post was not called for. If it was explained I would have got it. Anyways I have searched and can not find my the answer for my question. No matter I will just get the 10" wheels and get the relocation brackets.

initiation by fire, if one doesn't have the courtesy to read and abide by the rules...... don't expect a warm welcome

JONJON

Reaction score
Well trust me I got it... Now I searched and the question I asked was not in the search. It was are the 10" wheels worth going through the trouble of installing the sway bar relocation or will the 8" wheels work for me. My friend tells me the car will start getting squirrely at top end with wider tires on a smaller wheel. I was going to be running some 10.5" tires mabey the 11.5 et streets. I have not decided 100% on the tire only the brand of wheel.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WTF did you just say? Your friend is an idiot, may want to look for new friends. You arent going to be going fast enought to get squirrely. Swaybar relos take about 10 minutes of time to install start to finish, easy. 15x10's 7.5 bs. Done. Period. Nothing else to talk about. Everything you want to know is in the 15" wheel thread and what do you know its a sticky.

JONJON

Reaction score
I guarantee you his car is faster than anything you have ever owned! Anyways done with this thread.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Thought you were thick skinned? Man up take you licks. Post you question in the right section. Trust me it really works. Ever after all you douche bag comments people will still help. If you can't take it then gtfo. This is a great place to get good info.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
I guarantee you his car is faster than anything you have ever owned! Anyways done with this thread.

You should be done with this site after that bullshit statement.

If you knew what the fuck you were doing you'd take your ass out to your car and measure to see if a 10" wheel with 6.5" backspace will work. Do you not know how to do it or are you just too fuckin' lazy?

Don't just come into a forum and ask a dumb ass question then threaten people because they put you in your place.

Grow up.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I understand why you guys do what you do. Believe me, I get it. I've answered the "how do I lower my S197" thread 68651876846547 times on several different forums. Still, I think this was a little harsh. Just my two cents.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sharad fuck off.............I know for a fact this isnt Sharad lol. Nofuckingwayinhellhedbethisnice..........

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I understand why you guys do what you do. Believe me, I get it. I've answered the "how do I lower my S197" thread 68651876846547 times on several different forums. Still, I think this was a little harsh. Just my two cents.

in other words be nice guys so sharad can sell him some quality upr parts...

original.gif

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back