Reduiculously loud - looking for ideas

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed long tube headers and O/R X pipe with Flowmasters out the back. I knew it was going to be louder with this setup - but damn it is too raspy around 2500-3000. At idle it sounds great to me, but I can already see the looks from my German neighbors.

I was thinking about having resonators welded in the mid pipe. Has anyone installed resonaters and mufflers?

For those running LTH and an O/R X pipe - how did you tame the noise to your liking?

Thanks

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Resonators will do the trick. My buddy did the same and there are tons of choices.

Sent from your moms room...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I put some m80 mid mufflers on before my axle backs, tons more comfortable as far as sound and also got rid of that 2500-3000 rpm rasp.
Still sounds mean though just a deeper tone and lower volume.
I also realized how much I appreciate cruising at 60mph without my ears begging me to kill them due to drone.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I'll start shopping now. I will never pass German inspection anyway, much less making enemies out of my neighbors

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It should get rid of that trumpeting. Yet still sound good at wot

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Staggered m80's here too. They really clean up the tone. It'll still be loud just good loud.

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Yeah I have straight through summit muffler and I had to add resonators, its dumped before the axleback. Bout the same as throwing in m80s beforw axle back.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
You think it's bad now, have you had a cold start yet? Lol.... My car in the winter sounds like I'm WOT when idling for the first minute

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
You think it's bad now, have you had a cold start yet? Lol.... My car in the winter sounds like I'm WOT when idling for the first minute

Not winter cold - not yet - but nothing wakes the neighborhood I live in like my mustang. The houses/apartments are tall and close. I KNOW I am waking everyone up:evillaugh:

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
These damn Germans and their inspections! Lol

Yea man. There are two inspectors here in Stuttgart - one young guy and the other older. The older guy is typical older German - by the book and a bit stuffy. The young guy can be lenient when it's not a safety thing - therefore; we try to time our inspection with the older guy's day off.

DCA08GT

Reaction score
I'm running l/t's, a catted x, the m80s and bullets just to keep the noise down a bit. With this being a small NATO base with not a lot of Americans and even fewer mustangs I'm trying not to stick out too much. But the inspections are no problem here though.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Yea man. There are two inspectors here in Stuttgart - one young guy and the other older. The older guy is typical older German - by the book and a bit stuffy. The young guy can be lenient when it's not a safety thing - therefore; we try to time our inspection with the older guy's day off.

Kinda like what we got! Older man hates everyone, don't matter make, model, sex he's gonna fail you! Smaller less older man is pretty laid back so I went when the older old guy went to lunch!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back