Removing tune from car with no tuner?

rocketpants

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all,

A friend of mine recently just picked up an '07 GT from a private party. She drove the vehicle, and it's definitely been tuned. After a while now, she wants to revert the car back to bone stock, but she doesnt have the tuner itself... So I was wondering: are you able to remove a tune (such as a Bamatune) and revert the car back to stock without the handheld tuner?

Thanks all
:2g1c:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
You could go to a Ford dealer and have them flash a stock tune back on the car. Does the car have any mods that require an aftermarket tune?

rocketpants

forum member
Reaction score
Nope, the aftermarket item that car has is a JLT intake that she will be replacing with the stock airbox. I told her to just get used to it but alas...women haha

Thanks for the responses!

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
It's going to be a bigger PITA to get it back to stock than it would be to drive it like it is.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Make sure it doesn't have CMCV delete plates or you're going to get a nice surprise when going back to stock and not being able to go back to the tune.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See if the private party still has the tuner and get them to return it to stock. They need to do that anyway to unlock their tuner.

Earl

lito

forum member
Reaction score
If everything else is stock, just install the stock intake and slowly drive to the dealer to be reflashed stock. It will run rich for a while but closed loop will allow you to get there.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Just go out there open the hood with a screwdriver and a couple of wrenchs in hand and tinker for a few minutes. Have her stop and start the car a few times while doing this. Then tell her ok good to go all bone stock now.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Just go out there open the hood with a screwdriver and a couple of wrenchs in hand and tinker for a few minutes. Have her stop and start the car a few times while doing this. Then tell her ok good to go all bone stock now.

Sounds hateful/mean/hilarious, but honestly, I can see this working.

rocketpants

forum member
Reaction score

Haha I'll rub some oil on my face and also tell her that her headlight bulb fluid is low

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back