Ring and Pinion?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped their R&P? to what? and what did it do to your E.T. and mpg's?

Lots of data on the V8's for this swap, not so much for the V6.....

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Almost all v6's come with 2.73s although mine came equipped with the 3.31's as an option. I will run mine soon and let you know what I get...

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped their R&P? to what? and what did it do to your E.T. and mpg's?

Lots of data on the V8's for this swap, not so much for the V6.....

Why would it be any different? More gear = more torque multiplication = moar faster. MPG will generally be reduced slightly.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would of course expect to see the same trend in effect with such a change, but I am curious about real world results.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
In real world results I've found that most vehicles generally come with too tall of a gear in the rear end. It might make for a slightly higher number on the government highway MPG test but in real life your motor is struggling trying to move, so you have to use more pedal all the time. By going to a shorter gear (higher numerically) your vehicle can accelerate easier with less pedal. If you drive 50K highway miles per year on cruise control then you pay prefer the taller gears, but the rest of us get as good or better mileage with shorter gears. My Bullitt comes with 3.73's and I still have enough gear to run 60 at 2000rpm so the motor isn't working very hard or burning a lot of fuel at cruising speeds. With the taller gears I'm sure that 5th gear is pretty much worthless to you.

ant speed

Reaction score
I swapped my 2.73 for 3.55 and definitely no complaints here and after i quit mrssing around gas mileage barely took a hit. Still get about 22/30

on3uluz

Reaction score
Just swapped 4.10s jlt race red cold air and revolution tune on the gf,s 2013 runs like a champ car went 14.52 stock auto in 100+ degree weather adam( owner of revolution) still working out transmission bugs but looking for lower 13s

on3uluz

Reaction score
Gassilliage improved around town at 60 im aroumd 2100 rpm

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back